Windows 10: Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emikosan_72, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong". When I try logging into the Microsoft Store I get the message that I need to connect to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I bought Microsoft Office 2019 this morning and I launched Excel. When I tried registering the product through the internet, it tells me it can't connect to the server. I can log into Microsoft when I navigate to it in the browser. I have been able to check for updates and new updates that were needed were in

:)

emikosan_72, Nov 7, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2021
  3. needsleep Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

1. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot log laptop

2. Cannot log into any microsoft account on home laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into any microsoft account on home laptop: I recently got a new laptop and I can no longer log into my school or private account on my computer. For my school account, every time I login the popup window closes once I enter my password, and for my private account I get the an error message saying that personal...
  3. Cannot log in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account: My Microsoft account continually logs me out and says there is a problem, but when I go to support it says there is not a problem with my account. I am constantly asked to verify my identity and then I get there's a problem message. This happens on all my devices. Please...
  4. Cannot log in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account: My Microsoft account continually logs me out and says there is a problem, but when I go to support it says there is not a problem with my account. I am constantly asked to verify my identity and then I get there's a problem message. This happens on all my devices. Please...
  5. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  6. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptopType in my email the get a message saying "because I am trying to access sensitive info etc " then get sent a code.I type the code in then takes me back to the above message again ina big circle.Please help....
  7. cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop

cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hello,I cannot log into my Microsoft account on my laptop.I type in my email address and then it comes up with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to "emailxxx" to verify your identity".I then get emailed a code I type it in and hit...
  8. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account: I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong". When I try logging into the Microsoft Store I get the message that I need to connect to the internet. I am connected to the...
  9. Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log laptop into Microsoft account: I bought a new computer. I am trying to set it up. When I try logging into my Microsoft account through Settings I get "Oops something went wrong". When I try logging into the Microsoft Store I get the message that I need to connect to the internet. I am connected to the...
  10. Cannot log in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log in Microsoft account: Hello. Every time I start my computer it says it signs in with a temporary sign in and I lose my files. It states it cannot sign in to my account. I have synced it. What am I not doing?...