Windows 10: cannot login after reset

Discus and support cannot login after reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a reset and cannot login receiving an error message. At first I received the error on winlogon.exe - Application Error '' The instruction at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MeganWebb2, Dec 2, 2018.

1. cannot login after reset

I did a reset and cannot login receiving an error message. At first I received the error on winlogon.exe - Application Error '' The instruction at 0x00007FFA3952B4C0 referenced memory at 0x00007FFA3952B4C0. The memory could not be written. Click on ok to terminate the program''.

When I get to the login page, it automatically tries to log in to ''Administrator'' with an error ''The specified domain either does not exists or could not me contacted''

:)

MeganWebb2, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

cannot login after reset

Unable to login to Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Phone after Hard reset

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

• Have you tried to reset your account password?
    If no, I would suggest you to reset your password and try to login and check if it helps.
    Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Arul_D, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

cannot login after reset

1. cannot login after reset - Similar Threads - cannot login reset

2. login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset: I cannot log into my laptop with the correct PIN. I cannot use "I forgot my PIN" to reset my password because the email address it wants to use is years old and is no longer valid. I need a different way to access my laptop....
  3. login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset: I cannot log into my laptop with the correct PIN. I cannot use "I forgot my PIN" to reset my password because the email address it wants to use is years old and is no longer valid. I need a different way to access my laptop....
  4. Cannot reset pin from login screen

Cannot reset pin from login screen: I am trying to login with my pin and my credentials could not be verified. I cannot even reset my pin. My pin isn't available it says. When I setup my pin it won't let me....
  5. Cannot login and I NEED to reset computer.

Cannot login and I NEED to reset computer.: Hi, the number that was previously connected to my microsoft account is out of service so i am unable to use it to login anymore. Which is why i changed it to my new number. Suddenly my new computer that i bought that has been a whole seprate problem, which im trying to reset...
  6. Cannot login and I NEED to reset computer.

Cannot login and I NEED to reset computer.: Hi, the number that was previously connected to my microsoft account is out of service so i am unable to use it to login anymore. Which is why i changed it to my new number. Suddenly my new computer that i bought that has been a whole seprate problem, which im trying to reset...
  7. Cannot login after rebind

Cannot login after rebind: I have installed a program that allows to rebind the keyboard, I needed it for something and I rebinded a couple of buttons, such as LeftShift with V and M with Q... I rebooted my laptop and when it came to logging in, I could not input my password because of the rebinding....
  8. windows 10 keeps restarting at login, after reset network setting. Cannot even login to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 keeps restarting at login, after reset network setting. Cannot even login to the...: I have a surface pro4 with Windows 10. After windows restart i login as usual with Pin or faceID but after loading for a while, got "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute.” And rebooted and looped in this way. When try to login to safe mode, it doesnt allow me...
  9. After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login: Here we go again. Something simple like a PC reset goes **** and I cannot log in or use the mouse. Both are dead on Win 10 yet work fine with Linux on another hard drive on the same PC. My Dell does not have a PS2 input so I cannot try the PS2 fix. Everything was working...
  10. Unable to login after reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to login after reset.: Recently I have reset my windows 10 pc and after that I'm unable to login through my microsoft id because unable to connect to the internet. And also there is no option to connect to a network at the welcome screen in the right lower corner which was earlier before the reset...