Windows 10: Cannot login after update failed

Discus and support Cannot login after update failed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello community, hope everyone is as happy as we can be during this time. Also hope everyone is healthy! Below is the timeline of what happened,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NathanS1776, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Cannot login after update failed

Hello community, hope everyone is as happy as we can be during this time. Also hope everyone is healthy!

Below is the timeline of what happened,

1- I woke up, started my laptop, noticied there was an update needed so I downloaded it.

2- Download went fine. Then my computer went to restart itself and as it was restarting it said something about my update failed to install. I apologize I do not remember the exact words.

3- My computer then took me to the login screen. Except now instead of my normal pin, it requires a password. I've had my computer for over 4 years and I switched it to a pin almost immediately, thus I have zero idea what this password is. The "sign on options" button is missing.

So that is where I am at. I have no idea where to proceed with this. I've tried all my normal passwords and none are working.

I really want to avoid resetting my computer as I have so many important sensitive items on it.

I appreciate any assistance!!! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

:)

NathanS1776, Mar 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 29, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot login after update failed

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot login after update failed

1. Cannot login after update failed - Similar Threads - Cannot login update

2. Cannot login after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login after updating Windows 11: HI: After updating Windows 11 on my laptop when I turn on or restart the Laptop and then click anywhere on the screen a Microsoft Account " Sign in"comes up, clicking on this "sign in" does not prompt for the Microsoft Account login, instead it says "this needs internet...
  3. Cannot login after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login after updating Windows 11: HI: After updating Windows 11 on my laptop when I turn on or restart the Laptop and then click anywhere on the screen a Microsoft Account " Sign in"comes up, clicking on this "sign in" does not prompt for the Microsoft Account login, instead it says "this needs internet...
  4. Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything: After installing the latest Windows 11 Updates, I can no longer log in to my Surface Laptop. At first, there is no log-in screen at all. The screen does not respond to anything except for ctrl+alt+del. It just shows the "blue" windows start image. After pressing...
  5. Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything

Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything: After installing the latest Windows 11 Updates, I can no longer log in to my Surface Laptop. At first, there is no log-in screen at all. The screen does not respond to anything except for ctrl+alt+del. It just shows the "blue" windows start image. After pressing...
  6. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  7. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  8. Boot Fail after Login

9. Cannot login after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after Windows 10 Update: Hi, Some days ago after a Windows update i was unable to login, all login attempts returned to the initial screen with the hours. I ended up rollbacking to the previous day image to solve the issue. Today my kid decided to install the update again and once more the...
  10. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d