Windows 10: Cannot login as admin

Discus and support Cannot login as admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to troubleshoot my system and am having difficulties logging in as admin. I am attempting to login as admin and it refuses to allow me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Medibaked, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Medibaked Win User

Cannot login as admin

I am trying to troubleshoot my system and am having difficulties logging in as admin. I am attempting to login as admin and it refuses to allow me access with the correct password. I just changed the password and it works to login to outlook but not as admin to troubleshoot. I am going through this process as defeat will not start. I already ran mfc scan which indicates no issues.

Please assist. Why does my PW work for some things but not to login as admin?

:)

Medibaked, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 15, 2018
  3. admin login disappeared

Hi Barry,

You may not be able to access the options to perform the above method due to the local user profile status.
    Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot login as admin

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot login as admin

1. Cannot login as admin - Similar Threads - Cannot login admin

2. Windows 10 cannot login or use admin profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot login or use admin profile: Yesterday my laptop's CPU usage went up and the fan was working really hard. I was working with web app in Visual Studio, so I decided to sign out of the admin profile I was using and sing back in to make sure there are no left over thread running from VS. When I tried to...
  3. Admin Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Login: Hi! I am using a Surface Pro with two users. The first one is a local Admin and the other a Standard User. I don't remember the Admin credentials and I'm not registered with a Microsoft Account. I tried to reset my device via Troubleshooting but it requires a Bitlocker key ID...
  4. Admin Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Login: Hi, I'm really stuck and can do with some help. Basically I can log on to my computer not a problem and log on to my windows account but the problem lies with the admin. I am in desperate need of Adding, Modifying and Updating programs on my computer and it's asking for...
  5. Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(: Hello all! I am having a major problem. I recently just updated my computer (I dont remember the name of update or whatever codes), it downloaded fine, then I restarted my computer to apply the update, as my computer restarted it had an error and said the update failed to...
  6. Admin login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin login: Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer. Per my account info on the settings my admin email is my outlook email but the app is not accepting that login with the...
  7. Admin login in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin login in: Why I cannot login as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login-in/fc24b8d4-44c7-4b1b-bb6b-235633a4f260
  8. admin login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    admin login: i changed my user preference from admin to standard user. now i am unable to log in using admin id and password .Any one have soln to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login/3ae74438-8c46-49f6-90ac-b6d1cded4ae3
  9. Admin login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin login: Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password. i dont remember the password for the administrator account. is there any tool or...
  10. Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded: Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I attempted to create a new account and give it admin rights and change the old account to regular user. When I tried to login as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot login as admin