Windows 10: Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This...

Discus and support Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have a SQL Server 2008 R2 which locks all remote windows connections after a week. We get this error messageThe target principle name is incorrect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eudias, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Eudias Win User

Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This...

We have a SQL Server 2008 R2 which locks all remote windows connections after a week. We get this error messageThe target principle name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context.Upon reboot, connections are successful but this reoccurs exactly after 7daysWe use both windows an SQL authentication, but only windows accounts are not able to connectWe have checked the registered SPNs which seem just find. No duplicates, KCM shows the SPNs are okWhen pinged, the IP address resolves DNS.Your recommendations will be greatly valued. Thanks in advance

:)

Eudias, Jan 23, 2023

2. SQL Server events after Windows update last week

Hi EdBeery,

Regardless of your SQL Server version, I would highly recommend you download the latest SSMS here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/downl...).

As of this writing, it's version 17.4. Microsoft releases a new version of SSMS every month and I would encourage you to download the latest one because Microsoft fixes some bugs and new features are added. The only downside is you need to reboot your machine
    every time you update the SSMS.

If you need the SQL Server Database Engine installed on your laptop, you can download it (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/sql-server/sql-...). You can download SQL
    Server Express or SQL Server Developer Edition. I would suggest you download the Developer Edition as it has all the features of Enterprise edition so you can play around with the features of Enterprise.

I hope to help you.

Mario IgnacioGajardo Constenla, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Downloading SQL and accessing server

Hello, I am attempting to download SQL and SSMS. Now I am trying to connect to the server but receive this error message:

"A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.
    (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)"

How do I fix this?

Peter Jay 85, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This...

Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – 16.5.1 Release

Source: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio 16.5.1 Release | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

1. Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This... - Similar Threads - Cannot login SQL

2. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  3. Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This...

Cannot login into an SQL server remotely through ssms when using windows credentials. This...: We have a SQL Server 2008 R2 which locks all remote windows connections after a week. We get this error messageThe target principle name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context.Upon reboot, connections are successful but this reoccurs exactly after 7daysWe use both windows...
  4. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  5. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  6. File Explorer is Not Responding After Opening Query in SSMS SQL Server Management Studio...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is Not Responding After Opening Query in SSMS SQL Server Management Studio...: File Explorer Didn't respond for a moment while Alt+Tab Or Windows Switched via Mouse after opening query in SQL Server Management Studio This issue is arriving just now from September 12. Issue came in my Colleague PC too....
  7. File Explorer is Not Responding After Executing Query in SSMS SQL Server Management Studio

File Explorer is Not Responding After Executing Query in SSMS SQL Server Management Studio: File Explorer Didn't respond for a moment while Alt+Tab Or App Switched via Mouse after executing query in SQL Server Management Studio This issue is arriving just now, I've also not checked Windows Update....
  8. Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using saved credentials when using remote...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using saved credentials when using remote...: Hi all, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet. I completely reinstalled the tablet using the latest available recovery image with Windows 10 Version 1703. I set up a remote desktop connection to my desktop computer and the saved credentials were used so I don't have to...
  9. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  10. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....