Windows 10: Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode

Discus and support Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed, Today I used the settings in "msconfig" in order to boot into Minimal Mode, so I could delete a driver... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dor7, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Dor7 Win User

Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode

Hi,

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed,

Today I used the settings in "msconfig" in order to boot into Minimal Mode, so I could delete a driver I've installed before,

but after the restart I could not login into my user.

Usually I'm using the fingerprint scanner to login into my computer, but it seems it isn't working under the Minimal Mode,

and also the PIN login doesn't work, I'm keep getting a message telling me there was a problem with my PIN code.

What can I do? How can I get out of this Minimal mode without losing my data?

I inserted a USB drive with the Windows installation on, and tried to fix the boot with "bcdedit" command but it didn't work.

Thank you

:)

2. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

I wasn't able to access Windows System Restore from Minimal Safe Mode without the old Microsoft password either. So I had to do a recovery from an Acronis system image instead. However, I think I figured out the problem. I attempted to recover just the
    C: partition first, but when I rebooted, I was still stuck in Minimal Safe Mode. Only when I used the full system image to replace the entire hard disk was I able to get out of Safe Mode. I think that MSCONFIG placed the boot flag to only allow booting into
    Minimal Safe Mode on the EFI System Partition (for UEFI), and not in the system32 folder on the C: drive. It was only when I overwrote the EFI partition using a full-disk system image backup that I was able to get out of Safe Mode. Overwriting everything
    in the C: drive to the old image backup had no effect.

What I attempted from Administrator Command Prompt that did not work was (after navigating from X:\Sources to C:\Windows\System32):

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

bcdedit /set {current} safeboot network

bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network

None of those commands had any effect.

I doubt I would be allowed to change the password without being able to log into the machine though? That would be a serious security risk. Anyone could just use a Windows livedisc then to change the system password. The problem was I was able to reset
    the Microsoft Account password, but without Networking, Minimal Safe Mode would only recognize the old Microsoft password, which I had not written down before going into Safe Mode (I only wrote down the Windows PIN).

My suggestion to the Microsoft Developers to prevent this in the future is to allow users the choice to use either their Microsoft password or their Windows PIN to log into Minimal Safe Mode without Networking. Or at the very least, provide a notice that
    the Windows PIN will not work for Minimal Safe Mode, and that a Microsoft login is required. If someone always logs into Windows using their PIN, they may not realize that they will need a completely different password to log into Minimal Safe Mode, so that
    is something that the user should be notified about.

I could try the additional suggestions to see if I can switch from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking, without logging in, now that I am back on Windows and have recovered my passwords, but I don't really want to mess with Safe Mode any more
    if I can avoid it.

NicoleSharp100, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Safe Mode Minimal/ Can't login

I have recently went into safe mode so that I could delete a file that was very difficult to delete.However, since I put safe mode on MINIMAL, I am not able to login since there isn't a network(I typed my correct PIN and it says it is not working so I'm
    guessing that could be the reason). Is there a way I can turn off safe mode without having to login, so I can get a network and be able to access my computer. Please help, I am panicking.

AlessiaHolmes, Jun 17, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

Safe mode minimal

Hi,

To help address the issue regarding with restoring Windows from safe mode, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
    • What were you trying to do in safe mode?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot login user

2. Cannot login to my computer after I turned on minimal safe mode. Blocked by a pop up that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to my computer after I turned on minimal safe mode. Blocked by a pop up that...: Whenever I try to login to my computer after turning on minimal safe mode, it brings up a pop up saying “Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?” And it gives me two options, both of which close the...
  3. Cannot login to my computer after I turned on minimal safe mode. Blocked by a pop up that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to my computer after I turned on minimal safe mode. Blocked by a pop up that...: Whenever I try to login to my computer after turning on minimal safe mode, it brings up a pop up saying “Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?” And it gives me two options, both of which close the...
  4. Cannot login to my computer after I turned on minimal safe mode. Blocked by a pop up that...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to boot windows minimal mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to boot windows minimal mode?: Want to minimize operating system memory/CPU use as much as possible because I'm using a lot of CPU to run some code how do I do this? I don't need safe mode no problems with virus or anything like that p.s. I find that ctrl alt delete can no longer recover from the...
  6. Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.: So i put my laptop on safemode minimal. It won't let me login at all with either Microsoft password or normal login. It won't connect to the internet either. I can't find the troubleshoot option as it goes straight into the enter password page. How should I proceed?...
  7. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?: I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I only had my Windows PIN written down and not my Microsoft password. I figured that Minimal Safe Mode without Networking...
  8. Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved): I have seen a few threads of people saying that their apps remain minimized in Windows 10. There are responses recommending updating of video drivers (always a good idea) and even one about re-installing Windows 10. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I had a...
  9. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...