Windows 10: Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

Discus and support Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Miottolo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Miottolo Win User

Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the user name doesn't come out. To enter safe mode I have to force shut down the laptop 3 times then win10 start its "repair useless thing" and I can decide to enter safe mode. In safe mode the login works correctly. I noticed I cannot add other users. Safe mode limitation? If I click on add another user it just flash a new window and that's all. I cannot enter safe mode from the locked logon page with Shift + Reboot it just reboot normally so I have to force it to turn off. The problem started from 1 day to another. Not soon after the uograde but some days later. I didn'install any AV or any new drivers (at least that I know of). I'm doubting that some auto update did the problem. I've already tried to boot it with wifi off even removing the wifi card from the laptop... Is there a way to solve this without repair win10 installation and losing programs....?
    Sorry for my english...

:)

Miottolo, Oct 12, 2016
  2. hpkrekt Win User

missing other user option in login window

This bug is still not solved.

I changed a computer from a domein to a workgroup and the 'other user' on the login screen is missing

and as there are only two users option left I can not use login with an other account then those shown on the login screen

hpkrekt, Oct 12, 2016
  3. BI_909090 Win User
    After windows 10 install - first login - flashing screen

I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell PC. Got thru the complete installation process & the first time computer booted to the users login screen - all good stable. But when you login with any user it takes time to setup & then comes up with flashing
    screen - cannot do anything. On hard shutdown & re-start - It comes up to the login screen & all is OK. The moment you login back to the flashing screen & cannot do anything.

Any solutions for this problem.

Bob

BI_909090, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

1. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen. - Similar Threads - Cannot Login Missing

2. Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login after Update: Login Screen is missing / not doing anything: After installing the latest Windows 11 Updates, I can no longer log in to my Surface Laptop. At first, there is no log-in screen at all. The screen does not respond to anything except for ctrl+alt+del. It just shows the "blue" windows start image. After pressing...
  3. On my login screen other user is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my login screen other user is missing: On my login screen other user is missing, I need it for my work account and am not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-login-screen-other-user-is-missing/b3164850-327b-4cea-ade5-1ed99574ddf6
  4. On my login screen other user is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my login screen other user is missing: On my login screen other user is missing, I need it for my work account and am not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-login-screen-other-user-is-missing/b3164850-327b-4cea-ade5-1ed99574ddf6
  5. Standard users missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standard users missing from login screen: Since a system update to build 19042.906 earlier this week, only the administrator user is shown on the login screen. Windows 10 Home Reported fixes don't work. Adding new users doesn't help. Unupdated laptop works OK Can you advise. Thanks...
  6. User account missing from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  7. User account missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  8. User profile missing from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  9. The login screen is missing:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The login screen is missing:: For my wife:: Windows 10: The login screen where I enter the pin is missing the box where I would enter the pin. It started after the last big windows update. She got it to go into safe mode and asked it to get rid of the latest update but the problem still exists. Tech...
  10. login screen missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login screen missing: upon booting win10, login screen and easy access are missing. After attempting boot from repair disc, screen locked at Choose your keyboard layout. Attempts to boot to safe mode unsuccessful....