Windows 10: Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

Discus and support Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to login to my pc with my Microsoft Account (as usual), however, it keeps on saying incorrect password. I am 99% sure the password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CrystalTLin, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

Hi,

I am trying to login to my pc with my Microsoft Account (as usual), however, it keeps on saying incorrect password.

I am 99% sure the password is correct, but I still reset my password. This still did not help.

I can login to my Microsoft Account with the new password from elsewhere.

I tried updating my system via local accounts but still locked out.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

:)

CrystalTLin, Nov 21, 2018

2. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Hi Dane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have any other Administrator User Accounts in your computer?
    3. What is the complete error message that you get when trying to login to your laptop?
    4. If you are using a Microsoft Account, are you able to login to
      login.live.com
      ?

Try the below steps and see if this helps.

Step 1: Once you are at the login screen, click on the
    Ease Of Access
    icon on the bottom right corner of the login screen and click on
    On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: Once the On-Screen Keyboard is up and running, type the correct password using the
    On-Screen Keyboard and see if you are able to login to your computer.

Also, try to change the Keyboard Layout From the Login Screen and see if this helps.

For references, you may also go through the steps mentioned in
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 21, 2018
  3. warc1 Win User
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I change the PC passwords?

I tried doing it through Settings/Accounts/Manage My Microsoft Account/ on my desktop but that forced me to change my Hotmail password again. Now my desktop and Hotmail password are synced, but the laptop and Surface still use the old Hotmail password.

warc1, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

1. Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password - Similar Threads - Cannot login Microsoft

2. Microsoft account cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account cannot login: All the functionalities that require MS account login is not working. Win store pops out the error code 0x80131500:Onedrive cannot login:When I try to open feedback, there is 0x800704cf error:And the windows update cannot download any updates.Can anyone please guide me how to...
  3. Microsoft account cannot login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account cannot login: All the functionalities that require MS account login is not working. Win store pops out the error code 0x80131500:Onedrive cannot login:When I try to open feedback, there is 0x800704cf error:And the windows update cannot download any updates.Can anyone please guide me how to...
  4. Cannot login in a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login in a Microsoft account: Hello, this is my school account. The problem is not in my account but in my friend's school account. We have school laptops and when she tries to login it says that there is no such account. We tried to login in a browser and it gives us the same error. What do we need to...
  5. Cannot login in a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login in a Microsoft account: Hello, this is my school account. The problem is not in my account but in my friend's school account. We have school laptops and when she tries to login it says that there is no such account. We tried to login in a browser and it gives us the same error. What do we need to...
  6. cannot login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot login to microsoft account: I have a problem with my wifi, or maybe my operating system. So, my windows always says that there is no internet "not internet, secured", but I can still watching youtube, studying online on microsoft teams, and play every online game. I thought there is no problem with it...
  7. cannot login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot login to microsoft account: I have a problem with my wifi, or maybe my operating system. So, my windows always says that there is no internet "not internet, secured", but I can still watching youtube, studying online on microsoft teams, and play every online game. I thought there is no problem with it...
  8. Cannot logining my laptop password is Correct also?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot logining my laptop password is Correct also?: Dear Sir/Madam Please help me to login my laptopwindows 10 2020 OS When logining first it shows "You've entered an incorrect Pin several times". "To try again, enter A1B1C3 below". After I entering A1B1C3 Challenge phrase. After this it shows "This sign in option is...
  9. Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password: Hello, I am having trouble with logging in to my computer. Even though I have changed my password many times while this problem has been occuring, I still cannot log in to my computer despite having the right password....
  10. Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password: I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I went to 'netplwiz' thinking I could just login without a password but then after I rebooted I could only get to the win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login error correct pasword

2. cannot log into microsoft account on pc password correct

3. windows 10 microsoft account login correct password

4. cannot login to microsoft account incorrect ppassword,
  5. microsoft account cannot login with correct password,
  6. help can not login pc account,
  7. cannot sign in to microsoft account wrong password,
  8. logging in microsoft account password incorrect,
  9. microsoft account help cannot login password incorrect,
  10. microsoft account user password not correct,
  11. cannot log in laptop using Microsoft Account,
  12. cannot log in to microsoft account correct password,
  13. cannot sign into microsoft account on pc password not correct,
  14. unable to login to windows with old hotmail account,
  15. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.