Windows 10: Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

Discus and support Cannot login/reset my Admin password :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all! I am having a major problem. I recently just updated my computer (I dont remember the name of update or whatever codes), it downloaded fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ultimate_Big-Staff, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

Hello all! I am having a major problem. I recently just updated my computer (I dont remember the name of update or whatever codes), it downloaded fine, then I restarted my computer to apply the update, as my computer restarted it had an error and said the update failed to install (or something similar I'm sorry I cant remember) and then it went to the login screen. Except it is asking for a password now, where I have always used a pin to login. Now I've had this computer for close to 5 years and I've used the pin for 99% of the time.

I cannot reset my password, I dont have a flash drive and thanks to the coronavirus I cannot go get one. Does anyone have any idea how to reset my admin password? Or get around it? I am at a loss. I cannot reset my computer because I have valuable stuff that I cannot lose on it.

I also need my computer up to snuff asap because I have important work and personal stuff to take care of this week.

This is very strange. My background image is blurred by default when I start up my computer.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer!!!

submitted by /u/Ultimate_Big-Staff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ultimate_Big-Staff, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 29, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Thema:

Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

1. Cannot login/reset my Admin password :( - Similar Threads - Cannot login reset

2. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  5. Reset Admin Password?

Reset Admin Password?: To make a long story short I cannot boot into windows. I only have the recovery options available to me. I’m these recovery options it asks for the administrator password (which I forgot). I can’t access any of the boot recovery options due to the unknown password. Is there...
  6. Cannot reset my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset my password: I cannot reset my password i forgot it entirley i had step 2 verification and it goes to a phone number which i dont have anymore becuase someone stole my phone. i tried resetting through email but they still requirted my phone number ID like to get my password back thanks...
  7. Resetting login password

Resetting login password: Hey, My uncle passed away in December and we’ve been clearing out his stuff. Today we found his laptops, one is a Dell XPS and runs Windows 10, but of course it’s locked to a password. We don’t have the reset disk for it either. Does anyone know how we can get into the...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. Cannot login as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login as admin: I am trying to troubleshoot my system and am having difficulties logging in as admin. I am attempting to login as admin and it refuses to allow me access with the correct password. I just changed the password and it works to login to outlook but not as admin to troubleshoot....
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...