Windows 10: Cannot login to computer after registry tweak

Discus and support Cannot login to computer after registry tweak in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was originally intending to change my user folder; I first logged in with an alternative administrator account, renamed the account folder, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by caker18, Feb 23, 2021.

1. caker18 Win User

Cannot login to computer after registry tweak

So I was originally intending to change my user folder; I first logged in with an alternative administrator account, renamed the account folder, and went to Windows + R -> netplwiz -> clicked on properties of my account -> changed it's name to the correct one. I then successfully did both of the following, according to this guide:

Do not use ANY method to change the Explorer User folder name in Windows 10 because this can result in a catastrophic failure start loop at the Lock Screen.

While the User Account name can be changed in Settings, one cannot change the User folder name in Windows 10 without reinstalling. Any attempt using Regedit to change Profile Image Path in registry will cause a failure to start loop at the Lock Screen.

To add insult to injury, I deleted the temporary profile in its entirety from the Registry.

Now, the issue is that I cannot open ASO from the login page and none of my other two accounts on my PC are starting up. SHIFT > RESTART, F11, nothing works.

:)

caker18, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Cannot login to computer after registry tweak

Registry tweaks

Why?

Save a
    System Image Backup,

Set
    System Restore
    point

Backup the registry:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Then you have three separate backups you'll probably need.

If this is to improve performance, no registry tweaks will compare to having a good solid install like the one compiled in

Clean Install Windows 10.

You will get and keep the best possible install to the exact extent you stick with the steps, tools and methods in

Clean Install Windows 10

Short of that you can go over the
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community
    to make sure it's set up correctly, optimized for best performance and any needed repairs get done.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Cannot login to computer after registry tweak

1. Cannot login to computer after registry tweak - Similar Threads - Cannot login computer

2. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  3. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  4. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience: [ATTACH]If you want to make your Windows 10 operating system work seamlessly then this […] This article Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Cannot login to computer after multiple BSOD

Cannot login to computer after multiple BSOD: Hi, I’ve been having random blue screens recently, and each time the error message has been different from the last. Today, I was using my computer just fine on Zoom, when I got another Blue Screen. When the computer restarted, it got into another blue screen and this...
  7. Cannot login to computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to computer: Hello! I have an issue with my undeserving Win 10 PC. There are for some reason only two users which are Administrator and Guest and when ever I try to login to either one of them, the following message would come up; "The specified domain either does not exist or could not...
  8. Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks

Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks: So I installed windows 10 a few hours ago using media creation tool. I checked online for windows optimization videos and there were many scripts and registry tweaks , but since iI rebooted after doing that stuff , my camera app just stucks at the logo and if I try it in safe...
  9. Cannot login to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to computer: Following recent Windows updates, I find that when starting my computer, when the opening screen appears, when, I press the ENTER key to allow the password to be put in, the box appears but while typing the correct password in no text appears. Re-booting works occasionally...
  10. Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates: Has anyone seen a hacked version of gpedit.msc that has consistently maintained the ability to disable this feature across major W10 build updates?