Windows 10: Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

Discus and support Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I very recently purchased a refurbished PC from PCs for People. I went through the set up process and used it so far maybe six times without a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LizYusczyk, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

So I very recently purchased a refurbished PC from PCs for People. I went through the set up process and used it so far maybe six times without a problem. When turning on the computer it was set up with a pin code. However now it says to enter the password for my Microsoft account. I did this but it said the password was incorrect and that I could reset it if forgot. So just to be sure I did reset my password. In doing so I had it logout all sessions including on my Android phone. I logged in with the new password ony phone no problem. But on the PC it still says password incorrect. I do not u

:)

LizYusczyk, Aug 16, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2021
  4. jeffMNMN Win User

Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

1. Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN - Similar Threads - Cannot login computer

2. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  3. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  4. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  5. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up system with an incorrect PIN.: I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to...
  6. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

Set up system with an incorrect PIN.: I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to...
  7. PIN and Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and Password Incorrect: I can't get past the password screen. It says that there's a problem with my PIN and whenever I try logging in using my Microsoft password, it says it's incorrect even though I have reset it multiple times....
  8. PIN and Password Incorrect

PIN and Password Incorrect: I can't get past the password screen. It says that there's a problem with my PIN and whenever I try logging in using my Microsoft password, it says it's incorrect even though I have reset it multiple times....
  9. PIN and Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d