Windows 10: Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

Discus and support Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KandiMolyneaux, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small business. It will not accept any of the three Microsoft accounts I have. I can't even get to the internet or control panel - nothing whatsoever. I am connected to the network.

I have the same exact problem with another PC that I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. Initially, I could not get the upgrade to be successful by selecting "save my files". So I copied them on an external drive and then the upgrade went through after selecting erase all files and settings. Now I have the same scenario as above.

:)

KandiMolyneaux, Jan 21, 2020

2. How to disable bitlocker auto unlock when my windows account password was changed?

How to prevent auto unlocking drives from my laptop when my windows password changed? Hack or change my account password to much more easy than decrypt disk, but why windows doesn't provide such functionality from the box? I looking for any scripts to auto unlock from powershell also.

I'm not going to "just disable unblock". It's very useful thing. I have too many things which starts from encrypted volume. I want to prevent access to my volume only just getting my account. If my system administrator account could be hacked, all sensitive data would be lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Login into your account
    2. Set up bitlocker, auto-unlock
    3. Restart PC and login into account
    4. Drive unlocked
    5. Logout from account (I switched off whole PC)
    6. Ask sysadmin to change your password to new one
    7. Login into your account with new password

Expected result: bitlocker drive locked

Actual result: drive unlocked

Georgy Grigoryev, Jan 21, 2020
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

1. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Login Microsoft

2. Wrong microsoft account on new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong microsoft account on new pc: while setting up my new pc, i set wrong microsoft account, and now that account is primary, while my real one is secondary. How do i remove primary account, so i can set my real one as primary?[ATTACH]...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 PC Cannot Login to Xbox Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 PC Cannot Login to Xbox Account: I just recently bought the Minecraft Windows 10 edition to play on my computer. This isn't the pocket edition. I have an xbox live account, and am trying to login but have gotten the same "Failed to login" error everytime. I've tried to: Uninstall/Reinstall the game...
  4. I cannot login my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot login my Microsoft account: I don’t see a page to sing in my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-login-my-microsoft-account/46fe3d4c-46b9-4cd5-b72c-f299d44ee2ff"
  5. Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps: Recently I am unable to sign in to my pc microsoft account. Microsoft apps crash and Office applications do not open - licencing problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-into-microsoft-account-on-pc-cannot/8a27e4cd-25d6-427c-bdc7-5568becf02c2
  6. Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account: My Microsoft outlook account has been blocked and needs to be restored - I've tried several times to provide the details to unblock the account, but have been unable to. It's been several days and I desperately need to unblock this account. Please help. Or even give me the...
  7. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password: Hi, When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but still, it is not asking for any password to unlock. I don't want to create a local password but like to have the same MS account...
  8. Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password: Hi, I am trying to login to my pc with my Microsoft Account (as usual), however, it keeps on saying incorrect password. I am 99% sure the password is correct, but I still reset my password. This still did not help. I can login to my Microsoft Account with the new password...
  9. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account: I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my password again and when I do, it says my password is incorrect. Please help! I normally login with a local account but the local...
  10. Can not login in the new account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not login in the new account: I have a problem. I create a new account and try to login and get the error: service user profile service prevents logging and also user profile can not been loaded. Can someone help to login? 46716