Windows 10: Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

Discus and support Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I would like to install apps from the Microsoft Store, but the only apps listed in the store are those associated with my work. When I try to logout... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Corey O'Malley, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

I would like to install apps from the Microsoft Store, but the only apps listed in the store are those associated with my work. When I try to logout and login with my personal MS account, the login interface informs me that I must use a Work or School account.

If I go to Windows Settings>Accounts, it shows that I am already logged in to Windows under my personal account. I do have a work account connected as well since I am working remotely, use some apps provided by my organization, and was provided with an Enterprise license for Windows 10 by my organization.

However, this is my personal computer purchased with my own money. I should be able to use the Windows Store under my personal account, while logged into Windows with my personal account, on my personal device! I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

:)

Corey O'Malley, Oct 30, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

1. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account - Similar Threads - Cannot login Microsoft

2. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  3. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  4. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login: I am being FORCED to login to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 before I can access my computer. Can someone explain to me how to use my own personal computer that I built and paid for myself without logging in to a Microsoft account and giving Microsoft access to use it’s...
  6. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login: I am being FORCED to login to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 before I can access my computer. Can someone explain to me how to use my own personal computer that I built and paid for myself without logging in to a Microsoft account and giving Microsoft access to use it’s...
  7. Cannot login to personal computer without Microsoft account login

8. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings