Windows 10: Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

Discus and support Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I would like to install apps from the Microsoft Store, but the only apps listed in the store are those associated with my work. When I try to logout... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Corey O'Malley, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

I would like to install apps from the Microsoft Store, but the only apps listed in the store are those associated with my work. When I try to logout and login with my personal MS account, the login interface informs me that I must use a Work or School account.

If I go to Windows Settings>Accounts, it shows that I am already logged in to Windows under my personal account. I do have a work account connected as well since I am working remotely, use some apps provided by my organization, and was provided with an Enterprise license for Windows 10 by my organization.

However, this is my personal computer purchased with my own money. I should be able to use the Windows Store under my personal account, while logged into Windows with my personal account, on my personal device! I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

:)

Corey O'Malley, Oct 30, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account

1. Cannot login to Microsoft Store with personal account - Similar Threads - Cannot login Microsoft

2. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts: Clicking any button that should open up an account management dialog window does simply nothing. I tried it in these scenarios: windows settings > account > email & accounts Neither "add an account" or "add a workplace or school account" does anything when you click it....
  3. Can't sign into Microsoft Store with a personal account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft Store with a personal account?: Hello, I was trying to move Minecraft WIndows 10 Edition to my new computer, which is on a new account. I went to sign into the old account so I could install it onto this computer, but every time I try to add a new account, it just says that I can't add a personal account,...
  4. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code: I have had problems with my user account since doing the 1903 upgrade. I am now using a Local Account linked to my C:/Users folder. It is stable but will not convert to a signed-in MS account, as I get a Store error every time I try to upgrade. this is from the log, after the...
  5. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app.

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app.: Hello there all. For the last few weeks I have been having an issue where whenever I try to login to the Microsoft Store app, I receive a popup that says 'Let's get you signed in,' and is otherwise blank save for a 'continue' button. Clicking this button does nothing but...
  6. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  7. I cannot login my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot login my Microsoft account: I don’t see a page to sing in my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-login-my-microsoft-account/46fe3d4c-46b9-4cd5-b72c-f299d44ee2ff"
  8. Can't login to my personal Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login to my personal Microsoft account: [IMG] This happens when I try to login to my Microsoft account. I even created another Microsoft account for the sake of testing but it still doesnt allow me to login....
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for just over a year (a recent convert from mac OS). i hope you guys can help me out. I recently got infected with 3 trojans. Bitdefender picked them, quarantined them but after every reboot they came back. So I downloaded...
  10. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot login to the Microsoft Store: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I decided to add an app. I clicked on the store app and then picked the app I wanted and then clicked on Free. A menu came up that said choose account so I clicked on Microsoft Account and a screen popped up for about one...