Windows 10: Cannot login to office 365 on child account

Discus and support Cannot login to office 365 on child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to login to office 365 on my sons child account on his laptop. It says the PIN is incorrect when I enter it. I have logged into this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Prowl33, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Prowl33 Win User

Cannot login to office 365 on child account

I am trying to login to office 365 on my sons child account on his laptop. It says the PIN is incorrect when I enter it. I have logged into this account on both my account and my wifes account on the laptop, using the same email and PIN, but for some reason, my son's account on the laptop will not accept my PIN, says it is incorrect, then locks me out for incorrect PIN attempts. I was able to login on this account through another account on the laptop even after all of this.

I have reached the end of my patience after 2+ hours of fighting this. Someone please help me before I lose my mind... it should not be this difficult.

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Install, upgrade and activate / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family

:)

Prowl33, Nov 17, 2020

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Wp8 office 365 and Account Logins

Your company Office 365 account is just that, an Office 365 service account. It is not a Microsoft account.

Since the Office 365 account is not a Microsoft account ( anything that ends with live.com, outlook.com and msn.com and other microsoft .com accounts is considered a Microsoft account) it will not work on your windowsphone.

I hope that clears everything up for you Cannot login to office 365 on child account :)

Jay_answers, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Andy_CHG Win User

Wp8 office 365 and Account Logins

Hi All

I have read a few similar posts but don't really understand what is happening yet, Is there anyone who actually understands whats going on and night be able to help? So line by line...

I have an company office 365 pro account for Email and Skydrive PRO.

To log into the account, I go to the Office 365 login page at
    https://login.microsoftonline.com
    and login using my email and password e.g

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

This works, and as I am logging onto a Microsoft service, I now assume that L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is recognised as my microsoft account.

I have a brand new lumia phone and I want to say get to the apps store. To do this, the first time I use it I have to either create a new Microsoft Account or use an existing one.

I want to use the skydrive pro that comes with my office 365 user account so I try to login using the same credentials I use for Office 365.

When I try it comes back with 'Incorrect Email or Password'.

So my thinking is that my Office 365 Login is not a Microsoft Account after all and I will have to create yet another account.

Something else happened to back up my theory. When I came to post this question on this forum, I had to logon. I tried using my 365 account and it failed. I had to use a specific older account that isn't a 365 account, which is very similar to whats happening
    to my phone.

Sorry for the long text, but its quite difficult trying to explian, but in summary I think that my office 365 account in not a Microsoft account and it is impossible for my wp8 to use services such as the upstore or upgrades using my office 365 credentials.
    The only way I will be able to logon to a Microsoft account with my phone is to create yet another account at microsoft.

I hope this makes sense, any any thoughts would be welcome

thanks

Andy?

Andy_CHG, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot login to office 365 on child account - Similar Threads - Cannot login office

2. Cannot login to my child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to my child accounts: Hi,I have 2 accounts for my kids, 1 has been added to as child into my account, the other one is created today. I tried to login to my child account to update profile and link to their PSN account. the problem is I cannot pass the consent. This is the steps:1. Open...
  3. Cannot login to my child accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to my child accounts: Hi,I have 2 accounts for my kids, 1 has been added to as child into my account, the other one is created today. I tried to login to my child account to update profile and link to their PSN account. the problem is I cannot pass the consent. This is the steps:1. Open...
  4. Cannot login to my child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Cannot sign in to Windows 10 with Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot sign in to Windows 10 with Office 365 account: I have a small domain/ tenacy with 5 users. We all have Windows 10 pro and Office 365 accounts.2 of the 5 accounts, can use office 365 accounts to sign and 3 cannot.ACCOUNTS THAT ALLOW OFFICE ACCOUNT TO LOG IN WINDOWS 10james@**** - This has a personal account and work...
  6. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  7. Cannot login to OneDrive on PC or online at Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to OneDrive on PC or online at Office 365: I cannot login to OneDrive on both online site and on PC. Get message "Sorry, there is a problem with the OneDrive servers" Error Code 0x8004def5 What is problem?...
  8. office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    office 365 account: I want to add a computer to my office 365 account. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-account/976e110e-fae8-43ab-9520-8b38d37744ac"
  9. Windows 10 not login with Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not login with Office 365 account: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10, after a domain change my Windows and Office applications doesn't login with my Office 365 account. In Office applications a resolve this problem by deactivating modern login in regedit and after this Office applications now can...
  10. Cannot activate Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Office 365: Hi, I recently bought an office 365 key from Costco and it gave me the link to setup office online in which I enter the product key, which I did, then it loads forever on Select your country/region and I can't move on with the activation process. Any help would be...