Windows 10: Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After my update with the latest version I am NO LONGER able to log in to Windows 10. My system starts, goes to the Welcome screen, but when I go to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cwo1960, Sep 28, 2016.

1. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

After my update with the latest version I am NO LONGER able to log in to Windows 10. My system starts, goes to the Welcome screen, but when I go to the login screen the background is there but my picture, name and login field are not there. I have had 3 computer experts run diagnostics and all the hardware tests possible. Everything is fine with the hardware, graphics and so on. I have searched the web for answers and have tried many of them with NO AVAIL. I cannot even get to Safe Boot. I have tried the system restore but it says I have nothing to restore. I cannot reset either.
    I am positive that there is someone out there who can help me!

:)

cwo1960, Sep 28, 2016

2. I cannot access Documents and Settings folder even after I login as the Administrator.

I cannot get into the "documents and settings" folder even after I login in as a administrator in windows 10 64 bit.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Chang_Choi, Sep 28, 2016
  3. CK Khor Win User
    Unadble to login with original password after upgade to Win10

I upgraded to Win10, deleted anti-virus program, asked to restart, after that cannot login with password.

Resettled password still cannot login.

Please help.....

CK Khor, Sep 28, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi cwo1960 and welcome to Tenforums.
    See if you can get the hidden admin account enabled, using option #4 here:
    Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Then create a new admin-level user account without a password. While you're at it, remove the password from your existing account.
    Reboot normally, and see if you can get into your existing account. If not, it may be corrupt. Try logging into the new account you just created. If everything is fine, you might just want to transfer all your docs over to it, and delete the old corrupt account.

simrick, Sep 28, 2016
  5. cwo1960 Win User
    Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP! [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Sep 29, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Once the Hidden Administrator Account was enabled, were you able to log in to it, and remove the password from your existing account? And, did you create a new admin-level account without a password?

In the second photo you show above, hold down the SHIFT KEY, and select the shutdown icon in the bottom right-hand corner, and select RESTART. You should be able to get into clean boot. You do this by hiding all Microsoft services and then unchecking everything that's left, except perhaps your network adapter.

When you reboot the computer, since the passwords have all been removed, Windows should auto-login to the last account used. Once in, we can perhaps perform a repair install using an in-place upgrade.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Cannot login update

2. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please help, i cannot login to my computer,: cant do anything, keyboard unable to connect, all keys combinations failed, says i need to find something from microsoft storebut its w, every time i click yes and find, it resets me to the login page, HELPPPP, also the virus is from spyhunter and a weird altruistics app...
  3. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help, i cannot login to my computer,: cant do anything, keyboard unable to connect, all keys combinations failed, says i need to find something from microsoft storebut its w, every time i click yes and find, it resets me to the login page, HELPPPP, also the virus is from spyhunter and a weird altruistics app...
  4. please help, i cannot login to my computer,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login after NVIDIA Update - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login after NVIDIA Update - Windows 10: N UPDATE & SECURITY section I received an Updated for NVIDIA I downloaded and installed it, a system restart request. After restart the usual login screen appeared asking for PIN I entered it but it didn't work! I tried another login option by selecting Microsoft Account...
  6. CANNOT OPEN PC AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT OPEN PC AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE PLEASE HELP: Hello I have an Asus Vivobook and I never had issues with Windows startup but after my Windows 10 Update I am unable to open my PC since then. I tried Startup Repair, using the safe mode, Troubleshoot as well. Even after that it didnt work so i tried resetting the PC but...
  7. Cannot login after Windows 10 Update

Cannot login after Windows 10 Update: Hi, Some days ago after a Windows update i was unable to login, all login attempts returned to the initial screen with the hours. I ended up rollbacking to the previous day image to solve the issue. Today my kid decided to install the update again and once more the...
  8. Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update: I just installed the Windows 10 1903 update. My system has 3 users. My wife and son can login. I cannot. It recognizes me and I get "welcome" followed quickly by "signing out". I've done multiple restarts and nothing helps....
  9. Cannot login to Windows 10. HELP?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot login to Windows 10. HELP?!: So here's the thing. 1. Microsoft account is the admin 2. Cannot login after an update I didn't ask for. 3. System restore says it worked but doesn't do jack as going back to it shows the same exact update waiting for system restore. 4. Don't have cd or flash drive to...
  10. I cannot login after Windows 10 update

I cannot login after Windows 10 update: Even after getting code and changing password I cannot login after Windows 10 update. I am sure I am using the right password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-cannot-login-after-windows-10-update/06da3fb1-29f3-4357-b24a-f9e3adff5762