Windows 10: Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tangodream, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my password again and when I do, it says my password is incorrect. Please help! I normally login with a local account but the local account won't let me delete files and folders I've created saying I need permission from a different account!

:)

tangodream, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

Windows 10 Can't Login to Microsoft Account

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to try signing in to account.live.com on another device and verify the account is in a good state.

Step 2:

Login in to another user account and try logging in to Windows Store and check.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform an automatic repair on your computer and check if it helps.

If you need an installation media, I suggest you to download and create the installation media using the follow Microsoft link, which contains the Windows 10 ISO file.

http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Method 1: Automatic Repair.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

1. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cannot Login Using

2. Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account: I keep trying to login to any Microsoft app Edge, Microsoft Store, Outlook, 365, etc on my Windows 10 PC. It first says it needs to verify my identity with my correct email address with my pin. After I key in my pin, it then tells me because I am accessing sensitive info, I...
  3. Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account: I keep trying to login to any Microsoft app Edge, Microsoft Store, Outlook, 365, etc on my Windows 10 PC. It first says it needs to verify my identity with my correct email address with my pin. After I key in my pin, it then tells me because I am accessing sensitive info, I...
  4. Microsoft account cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account cannot login: All the functionalities that require MS account login is not working. Win store pops out the error code 0x80131500:Onedrive cannot login:When I try to open feedback, there is 0x800704cf error:And the windows update cannot download any updates.Can anyone please guide me how to...
  5. Cannot login in a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login in a Microsoft account: Hello, this is my school account. The problem is not in my account but in my friend's school account. We have school laptops and when she tries to login it says that there is no such account. We tried to login in a browser and it gives us the same error. What do we need to...
  6. Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses: Hello,My brother recently bought 3 laptops for his children, all with newest windows 11 installed. He had to create each of them a microsoft account, so he did that. The mail that is used in each of the accounts is for example *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  7. Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses: Hello,My brother recently bought 3 laptops for his children, all with newest windows 11 installed. He had to create each of them a microsoft account, so he did that. The mail that is used in each of the accounts is for example *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  8. Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10: I was trying to download modern warfare on my computer from the Microsoft store but it says that my computer isn't "linked" to my Microsoft account, even though I have linked my Microsoft account to my computer. Why i cannot just download or buy games without having to link a...
  9. Cannot login to my microsoft account in Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to my microsoft account in Minecraft Windows 10: When i press on the sign in button on the bottom left it just hangs at the "Signing in with your microsoft account...." and nothing ever happens. Same when I go to "Settings" -> "Profile" -> "Sign in for free". It just hangs at the "Signing with your microsoft account..."...
  10. Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login into anything that uses a microsoft account on Windows 10: Hey, i've been having a really big issue (to me) I can not login into anything like xbox app, windows store or logging into shared experience in the windows settings etc. i can login into the website and android app with zero issues. But everytime i try to on pc it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 can not login with microsoft account

2. microsoft account cannot login in windows

3. win 10 microsoft account cannot login

4. cannot logon to windows 10,
  5. windows 10 cannot login,
  6. connot login on microsoft account,
  7. i can not login to my windows 10pc with microsoft account,
  8. windows 10 cannot login to account,
  9. cannot login into windows account with microsoft account,
  10. cannot login in microsoft account windows 10,
  11. windows 10 cant login with widows account,