Windows 10: Cannot login when user locks account

Discus and support Cannot login when user locks account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've created 3 user accounts on my Windows 10 system. When one user locks his account, the other users cannot login and are shown the message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yorozuyaginchan, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Cannot login when user locks account

I've created 3 user accounts on my Windows 10 system. When one user locks his account, the other users cannot login and are shown the message that "Only one user can sign in at a time". Any work around for this issue?

submitted by /u/yorozuyaginchan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yorozuyaginchan, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 4, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Cannot login when user locks account

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot login when user locks account

1. Cannot login when user locks account - Similar Threads - Cannot login user

2. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  3. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  4. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Account got kicked an now cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account got kicked an now cannot login: Hello Microsoft Community,i have a problem regarding a Microsoft Surface Go.I was in the safe mode to test some settings and wanted to restart the device.After the restart the User got disabled with the name Administrator and currently neither i nor do the IT Tema know how to...
  6. User Account got kicked an now cannot login

User Account got kicked an now cannot login: Hello Microsoft Community,i have a problem regarding a Microsoft Surface Go.I was in the safe mode to test some settings and wanted to restart the device.After the restart the User got disabled with the name Administrator and currently neither i nor do the IT Tema know how to...
  7. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  8. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  9. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. BSOD when login as a user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when login as a user account: Hi all,I stuck on a BSOD screen when I try to login as an User AccountBUTI'm still be able to login as Administrato.No operation has come to a solution:- sfc- dism- chkdskAny other suggestion?...