Windows 10: Cannot login Windows 10 account, unable to switch language to type in.

Discus and support Cannot login Windows 10 account, unable to switch language to type in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Shortly, I cannot login my single Windows 10 user account on my laptop since the only language for typing in the password field available is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vervedan, Dec 31, 2020.

1. vervedan Win User

Cannot login Windows 10 account, unable to switch language to type in.

Hello.

Shortly, I cannot login my single Windows 10 user account on my laptop since the only language for typing in the password field available is Russian, while my password consists of English letters.

Usually I had no problem like that, but now, it happened after I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then accidentally clicked "Sign Out" instead of "Task Manager", then the problem started. Before this, none manipulations with system languages were done. Just the usual work on my laptop.

I've completely read the below article, but none of the suggested methods helped.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/cannot-login-my-windows-10-computer-cause-the/ab1b3b6c-bfcd-49f9-b16d-762a47959e22

So I'm left to seek for additional help.

Would be much appreciated. Thanks for your attention, hope you can help.

:)

vervedan, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

3. Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language Dictionary...

Hello Kuan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    2. Have you tried installing any other language?

The issue might be that the language pack features are not installed properly. We can try uninstalling and then installing the language pack again and check if that helps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to remove the language pack.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Region & Language.
    2. Click on Chinese
      and Click on Remove.

After removing the language pack, refer the article to
    Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot login Windows 10 account, unable to switch language to type in. - Similar Threads - Cannot login account

2. Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.: We have lost the ability to switch between accounts on our machine. The option is missing everywhere: Upon logging in, From locked screen, Even from the Windows icon, The below are the only options I see when logged in as the Admin account and clicking the Windows icon where...
  3. Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot switch accounts at login, Windows 11.: We have lost the ability to switch between accounts on our machine. The option is missing everywhere: Upon logging in, From locked screen, Even from the Windows icon, The below are the only options I see when logged in as the Admin account and clicking the Windows icon where...
  4. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  5. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  6. Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.: I am unable to login to my account in windows 10. Using Lenovo thinkpad. Please help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-my-password-to-login-to-windows-10/4160aeba-d622-4a8a-961e-1375b9bc1be2
  7. Unable to Switch Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Switch Accounts in Windows 10: Hi so I went onto my windows 10 laptop surface pro one day and found that I couldn't switch user accounts or see them when i wen to the bottom left power options. I could though see my other account in settings and could change account settings like normal. Now i am seeing...
  8. Unable to switch languages after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to switch languages after update: This is just getting ridiculous. Every time there`s a windows update, an issue happens with language selection. Default language won`t work, or an extra keyboard is added for no reason, or am forced to use one language I don`t want to that`s tied to the wrong keyboard...
  9. Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to switch to Chinese Bopomofo language for typing, Error: Downloading Language...: Hello, I am having a issue of typing traditional Chinese with Bopomofo input method in Window 10. I have installed the language pack successfully as the below screen shows. [ATTACH] However, every time I wanted to switch between Chinese and English using Shift key...
  10. Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 login screen - switching accounts: My boyfriend and I tried to sign up for a streaming service the other day, one that was linked to Microsoft I can't remember which one. It asked us to create a new one which we did. Now today he tried to login to his computer and it loads that account....which neither of us...