Windows 10: cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

Discus and support cannot login windows 10 and click start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 for working. On that computer, I cannot click "start menu" and the app can't be opened. When I open the pictures in the app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by argon007, Mar 14, 2016.

1. argon007 Win User

cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

I am using Windows 10 for working. On that computer, I cannot click "start menu" and the app can't be opened. When I open the pictures in the app and the picture app can open the pictures. However, the app quits immediately. Windows Explorer and Window (Microsoft Office 2013) can be opened. I tried to delete the user account which is using the administrator "account type" and enable the user Administrator. and the crying drama comes and the screen starting blinking continuously. this is the youtube video after I restarted. I also tried to enter Safe Mode, but the Windows 10 does not allow me to do this in starting up phase like old Windows.

What should I do?

[youtube]l64sPWXlM9w[/youtube]

:)

argon007, Mar 14, 2016
  2. belmo56 Win User

Cannot left click and open Start Menu

Hi,

unfortunately my problem has stayed same as before.

I am not able to open the list of applications clicking by left mouse button on Start icon at left down corner. Neither other way.

What is your recommendation? To install W10 through my instalation W8.1 disc from the very begining?

regards

belmo

Note: upper recommended commands were functioned and ran without finding anything

belmo56, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Cannot left click and open Start Menu

Hi Belmo,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will try our best to assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below to get a clearer picture of the issue in hand.

What did you exactly mean when you state "It happens nothing except changing color"?

For now, I would suggest that you perform SFC and DISM scan which will help you check if there are any system file error or corruptions that may have caused the issue to arise.

Method 1: SFC

System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

Method 2: DISM

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 14, 2016
  4. cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

Hello argon007 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

You will need to provide a litte more information on things like was 10 an upgrade over a previous version? Or was 10 put on fresh like a Clean Install of Windows? The description alone suggests the upgrade was the route taken and came out bad! Missing Start buttons, not able to open up the Start menu, not able to open up anything in the Start menu like the Start>AllApps is a good indicator of a bad upgrade!

Deletion of the existing admin account wouldn't be any solution while a fresh install of 10 will likely be what is required there. Generally the problems you are seeing along with the ones being mentioned as further examples are a clear indication that the upgrade install failed to see a number of essential ingredients be fully unpacked to the drive during the 10 install! The fast and easy solution will require a fresh copy of 10 to remedy this.

For the time being trying to boot up in Safe mode long enough to see a brand new admin account created would be a project on it's own there. The alternative if you are able to bring up the F8 boot menu where the repair and recovery options would be found is to use the Refresh PC option with the guide for that seen at Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If the upgrade was seen by way of the 10 app and you never saw the 10 media made up you will want to see that taken care of in order to be able to see the fresh copy of 10 go on. The present Threshold 2 Update updated since the initial November release even further would require an 8gb flash drive for the 5.48gb size of that download which is both editions Home and Pro in both the 32bit and 64bit options for being able to update all 10 installs from the previous build(s). Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

The Tech Bench Program's download page also referred to in the guide there sees the smaller 32bit only and 64bit only Dual Edition downloads where you simply choose the 32bit or 64bit download that contains Home and Pro in each.

Night Hawk, Mar 14, 2016
  5. argon007 Win User
    Thank you so much. I will ask my supervisor to acquire the serial key of Windows 10 installation or should I find the serial key on other computer?

argon007, Mar 14, 2016
  6. Here having the Threshold 2 update on and wanting to keep that going on the main build while running the Insider Preview builds on a second machine as well as on VMs I ended needing to replace the TH2 a few weeks back with an Insider build just so I would be able to name new folders as well as rename existing ones. Hopefully I will be able to keep the TH3 on longer rather then the need to upgrade each newer General Update build every few months after it gets buggy!

If every 10 system there is using the exact same key that would be a volume license type key typically seen used by businesses as well as larger corporations. One key fits all. But if each machine had their own key by chance you would need to use the same again on the fresh install since the key is tied to that machine. Volume licensing allows for upwards of 100 machines or more depending on which option a company selects when purchasing from MS.

Night Hawk, Mar 14, 2016
  7. argon007 Win User
    argon007, Mar 15, 2016
  8. cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

If the key for the previous version was used on the exact same machine you shouldn't run into any problems at all. But for some other system like any OEM machine the key is tied to the hardwares. A retail key for a disk set bought separately even an OEM for System Builder's key can be transferred over to a clean install of the same media being used however by calling into MS for machines you own only however. With progressive builds here I saw that mostly during the XP years and when the Vista build built fresh for Vista saw XP as well at first that was first to see 7 after the beta and RC builds onto the retail until going DOA in early 2010!

Ut oh! was the word where a new build was then planned out and still in use now years later! The retail 7 key was transferred over to this build at the time and now sees 10 at first with the 7 key until getting a new 10 key.

For a company however that's a totally different ball park there. If the company has a key for a previous version used on that machine you could then use that. But if 10 has already been activated you need worry at all! You simply skip past entering any key and watch as 10 is activated by Digital entitlement on it's own since the MS activation servers already have that machines id tag!

Night Hawk, Mar 15, 2016
  9. argon007 Win User
    Thank you. I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my working computer and the serial number did not need to be entered and it will be activated automatically.

If I have any questions on Windows 10, I will post here by creating the thread.

argon007, Mar 16, 2016
  10. I'm glad to hear that things went well for you as suspected they would. And by means don't hesitate to jump back in here if you run into any other problems or simply need to ask for information on something. *Smile

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

1. cannot login windows 10 and click start menu - Similar Threads - cannot login click

2. Rick click on start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rick click on start menu.: When I right click on the start button, I get the list, but most of the options will not run. Setting opens a blank screen, file manage brings up a remote procedure call fail. Any suggestions on what going on? Task and Event Manager work, System does not, Search. Sign out and...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu: Hello,I have been having an issue for some time with no solution. I currently have a Razer Basilisk v3 mouse, and when I right-click on the START icon, the mouse moves a few pixels up and to the right. It will keep doing this every time I right-click until it moves itself off...
  6. Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the right-click […] This article Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 start menu right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu right click: Hi, Recently I reset my laptop and tries to restore the backup. But in between the restoration process it turned off so i restarted it again this happened 3-4 times so I again restarted the restoration process. Now when i right click the start button I see 4 times each...
  8. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  9. Start menu doesn't click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't click: one machine we manage doesn't open the start menu when clcked. when a local user logs on to this machine with Admin rights the Start menu does not work. Also when i remote onto the pc I can't elevate permissions or install our remote app. We can't access things like...
  10. Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps: I've been looking around for a solution for about an hour now - all I can find are problems relating to the mouse not working at all, or the start menu not opening at all. My issue is that my mouse works in every way except inside the start menu. I've also noticed that I...