Windows 10: Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!

Discus and support Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. Today I changed password for my MS account hotmail.com. Login through the web browser works fine. MS Office reported problems with account, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dmitry Bond, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!

Hi.

Today I changed password for my MS account hotmail.com.

Login through the web browser works fine.

MS Office reported problems with account, I clicked [Fix it] - not work.

Clicked [Sign Out] and then [Sign In] - not work. Sign out was successfull, Sing in fail with unknown error - UI blinked for 0.1 sec and disapeared. It correctly shows my name in account field but in app title it writed "unlicensed application". So, it was even not tried to login, even not tried me to ask for password. Also I tried to use my phone number for login and skype id - the same effect as for email.

I tried to install Microsoft Authenticator on my smartphone - that did not changed anything.

I tried to cleanup caches for MS Edge and MS IE and restart OS - that did not help.

I tried to search internet, tried to apply recommendations from here - that did not help.

I uninstalled MS Office I have yearly-paid Office Pro license, tried to install again - nothing changed.

Tried to run Cortana that was was mentioned in internet - that also not helped.

In all cases there is the same problem - when [Sign In] it allows to enter my email, then I click [Next], there is blink something for 0.1 sec and disapeared and nothing changed! :-

When I run Windows 10 Mail program and click [Fix it] for my hotmail.com account it shows "Something went wrong" error.

I clicked update and updated Windows 10 2004 to 20H2 - that also not helped!

So, whole Windows 10 is not able to login into my @hotmail.com account which was previosly successfully used on this PC.

Also strange thing - login in Skype on this PC still works fine.

Thus, I cannot install and use MS Office because I cannot login to my MS account.

WHY SUCH SIMPLE AND IMPORTANT THING AS LOGON HAVEING SUCH HUGE PROBLEMS IN MICROSOFT PRODUCTS?!

2 monthes ago I tried to login to Microsoft account from my new smartphone SGS20 - that was also lot of similar problems - some UI blinked for 0.1 sec and disapeared. So, it looks like a GLOBAL PROBLEM for all Microsoft logins. :-\

How to solve this problem with logon?

Thank you.

:)

Dmitry Bond, Feb 3, 2021

2. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Feb 3, 2021
  4. FiiLeTe Win User

Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!

1. Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL! - Similar Threads - Cannot login account

2. Cannot login to Window 11 with MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to Window 11 with MS account: Normally, I use my MS account to log in to my computer window 11, but apparently it does not accept that and no signing options showing. I try the forgot password method but it turns out that my security info still pending. What should I do to solve this problem?Thank you in...
  3. Cannot login to Window 11 with MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Window 11 with MS account: Normally, I use my MS account to log in to my computer window 11, but apparently it does not accept that and no signing options showing. I try the forgot password method but it turns out that my security info still pending. What should I do to solve this problem?Thank you in...
  4. Cannot Login at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Login at all: I am unable to login to my microsoft store for a while now and it is making me angry. I've tried all I could but it keeps giving me the same two errors of either I need internet even though I am connected or that I need to reset my password. Skype works and my xbox works so...
  5. Cannot login to account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to account: Hi,I recently repaired my hard drive and as I was using a pin to login I had to set it up again from the sign screen. The problem is I have recently changed my Microsoft security measure which requires a 30 day wait and I cannot set up my pin without it. There are also no...
  6. Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10: I was trying to download modern warfare on my computer from the Microsoft store but it says that my computer isn't "linked" to my Microsoft account, even though I have linked my Microsoft account to my computer. Why i cannot just download or buy games without having to link a...
  7. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  8. I cannot login with ms account in windows 10. 100gb data lost?

I cannot login with ms account in windows 10. 100gb data lost?: First of all my specs TLDR AT THE BOTTOM Hp Probook 470 G5 Windows 10 Professional 1803 10.0.17134.407 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 OSType64BitX64 8 GB STORY: The laptop was provided by my new job about mid April 2018. I am...
  9. I cannot login with ms account in windows 10. 100gb data lost?

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot login with ms account in windows 10. 100gb data lost?: First of all my specs TLDR AT THE BOTTOM Hp Probook 470 G5 Windows 10 Professional 1803 10.0.17134.407 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 OSType64BitX64 8 GB STORY: The laptop was provided by my new job about mid April 2018. I am...
  10. MS Account Login Problem

MS Account Login Problem: So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems starting windows today, so I did a startup repair. When I got to the login screen it is now using my old MS account email....