Windows 10: Cannot logon with Picturepassword

Discus and support Cannot logon with Picturepassword in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a desktop, where I use picturepassword for login. The picture does not appear any longer, and I have forgotten the original password, so I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeppe_Denmark, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Cannot logon with Picturepassword

I have a desktop, where I use picturepassword for login. The picture does not appear any longer, and I have forgotten the original password, so I have no longer access to the computer. Do I need to restore the computer, or are there other options?

:)

Jeppe_Denmark, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 9, 2019
  3. PC STUCK ON LOGON SCREEN

Hello Vasanth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as your are unable to logon to the computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account from safe mode, log-in with that account and troubleshoot the current user account.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you toRun Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
    and check.

Link: Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Cannot logon with Picturepassword

Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot logon with Picturepassword

1. Cannot logon with Picturepassword - Similar Threads - Cannot logon Picturepassword

2. I cannot logon to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my computer.: I am using windows 11 on a lenovoI was trying to log in safe mode to find out why my wife's computer is not reading portable storage unit.I try to log in it says: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN When I click it,...
  3. I cannot logon to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot logon to my computer.: I am using windows 11 on a lenovoI was trying to log in safe mode to find out why my wife's computer is not reading portable storage unit.I try to log in it says: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN When I click it,...
  4. Cannot Logon to Virtual Training

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Logon to Virtual Training: I registered for the Azure Fundamentals on July 19,20. I got a confirmation email that I was registered. A couple of days before the event I got an email with links to the events. On both days I could not sign in. It kept giving me the error "Login Denied Please Try Again"....
  5. Cannot Logon to Virtual Training

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Logon to Virtual Training: I registered for the Azure Fundamentals on July 19,20. I got a confirmation email that I was registered. A couple of days before the event I got an email with links to the events. On both days I could not sign in. It kept giving me the error "Login Denied Please Try Again"....
  6. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing PIN (cannot logon): Hi, A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN protected. Password resetting tools I've tried do not remove the PIN unfortunately. I do not know his Microsoft account. If I...
  7. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  8. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  9. cannot logon computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot logon computer: HPPC Win 10 system, cannot logon, message= pin not available use password, forgot password and do not have recovery drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-logon-computer/2b8004e0-0a29-4b22-ae36-2a81f64aa53e
  10. Cannot Disable Password logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Disable Password logon: to ddisable password to open computer have q. unchecked box users must enter a user.... this computer. 2. hit apply 3 entered old password twice. 4. IT STILL ASKS FOR A PASSWORD UPON WAKING UP. help from anyone?...