Windows 10: Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2

Discus and support Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC with Windows 10 crashed recently because of an power outage, while the upgrade to 22H2 was on its way. After power came back, the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Piktor, May 29, 2023.

1. Piktor Win User

Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2

My PC with Windows 10 crashed recently because of an power outage, while the upgrade to 22H2 was on its way. After power came back, the Windows installation was totally broken, unable to boot. Finally I could recover the system to its previous state and repeat the 22H2 update.But after that, I received error messages, that Microsoft Defender is not active.Clicking on that message, I see a message, that the page is not available, as my administrator has limited the access. BTW I am the admin of this PC and I tried everything also with an freshly created admin account.Windows Update shows a lot

:)

Piktor, May 29, 2023

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 29, 2023
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, May 29, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows defender will not start - Error code 0x8007139f

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Check for updates in Windows Defender
    and update it.

To check for updates in Windows Defender, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Defender if it is not already open. To do this, click
      Start, type Windows Defender.
    • Check for new definitions. To do this, click Check for Updates Now.

Step 2: Manually install the update definitions
    and check if it helps.

To manually install the update definitions, follow these steps:

Visit the Security Portal at one of the following Microsoft Web sites:

Refer:http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/ADL.aspx

Keep us posted to help you better.

Tenforo, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2 - Similar Threads - Cannot longer start

2. Cannot upgrade Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2: Cannot upgrade form Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2.Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC19001E1: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2.Windows Update Troubleshooter was run. Still fails.The following steps were complete....
  3. Cannot upgrade Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot upgrade Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2: Cannot upgrade form Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2.Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC19001E1: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2.Windows Update Troubleshooter was run. Still fails.The following steps were complete....
  4. Cannot upgrade Win10 1909 18363.418 to Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem.Now, I cannot find the possibility anymore to synchronise the backgroudn, and win 10 isn't doing this aymore.Is this...
  6. Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2: My PC with Windows 10 crashed recently because of an power outage, while the upgrade to 22H2 was on its way. After power came back, the Windows installation was totally broken, unable to boot. Finally I could recover the system to its previous state and repeat the 22H2...
  7. Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot longer start Microsoft Defender on Win10 22H2: My PC with Windows 10 crashed recently because of an power outage, while the upgrade to 22H2 was on its way. After power came back, the Windows installation was totally broken, unable to boot. Finally I could recover the system to its previous state and repeat the 22H2...
  8. Windows Defender cannot be started

Windows Defender cannot be started: Hi, today i did two things: Installed malwarebytes just to run a single scan, and also windows update installed two updates -windows-10-update-kb4566782 -kb4569745-cumulative-update-for-net-framework after this i uninstalled malwarebytes since i didnt wanted to interrupt...
  9. windows defender cannot be start.

windows defender cannot be start.: I cannot start windows defender. It say “unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem. please try again”. I tried several workarounds I found in this forum and other forums: Remove other antiVirus/AntiSpayware programs -> I never had any... Enable default Administrator...
  10. Cannot start windows defender

Cannot start windows defender: I am unable to start windows defender via the security center nor the services window Looking at the event log (system) all I see is this: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect. Try to start...