Windows 10: Cannot make a program to run at startup

Discus and support Cannot make a program to run at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rypz79, Sep 6, 2018.

1. rypz79 Win User

Cannot make a program to run at startup

I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan

Cannot make a program to run at startup [​IMG]

It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager

Cannot make a program to run at startup [​IMG]

But I doesn't work.
    The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works manually)

Any suggestions ?

TNX

:)

rypz79, Sep 6, 2018
  2. smartali89 Win User

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ramesh.Kumar Win User

Program in Startup Folder Doesn't Run

Hello Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to run an application during startup. So, I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

How do you add new Startup programs
    in Windows 10?

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot make a program to run at startup - Similar Threads - Cannot program run

2. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  3. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: So, I use standard windows account as my main one and invoke admin account only when needed. This works great as I don't need admin rights for the majority of the stuff I do on my rig (gaming, listening to music, web browsing, etc)..however the problem is two of the programs...
  4. Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run: I've been having issues with my laptop after accidentally downloading,malicious software. Essentially the symptoms seem to point to a rootkit but I cannot be sure. I backed up my data to an external hard rive but when trying to reset or refresh or even just booting in...
  5. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: Sent you a pm. Let us know if it works.
  6. UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup: I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup. Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me just now. If I use the aero tweak tool to completely disable UAC then these programs start without any issues, but as soon as I...
  7. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  8. Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp: I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not. I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task...
  9. Intermittent failure to run startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent failure to run startup programs: Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. but I haven't been able to find anything recent about it..... I'm running build 9926 and I find that, intermittently, no startup programs (i.e. programs registered under registry "Run" keys - both HKLM and HKCU - or in Start...
  10. The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

in Windows 10 Support
    The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.: I need to use Task Scheduler to run a .vbs file with highest privileges at system startup. The following are my settings. The file is not run at system startup but can be run manually in Task Scheduler. Can anyone help? [img] [img] [img] 72008