Windows 10: Cannot make changes in Registry

Discus and support Cannot make changes in Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've logged in as administrator. I run regedit as an administrator, but when I go to make changes, it just says access denied. I'm trying to fix event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Nov 29, 2017.

1. RichardC Win User

Cannot make changes in Registry

I've logged in as administrator. I run regedit as an administrator, but when I go to make changes, it just says access denied. I'm trying to fix event id 10016 errors. I've been able to take ownership, but can't attain full access. Any suggestions?

Later.......

I finally figured something out. Even though you go into control panel\account settings and change your account from standard to administrative, it's in name only. Or least your rights are limited. I finally went into cmd prompt and activated administrator privileges with a yes. Bingo, I could change the registry. I am still working on the 10016 errors. I'll get it sooner or later.

:)

RichardC, Nov 29, 2017

2. How to undo registry changes a well as make narrator read pdf file

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As you have stated that you want to undo Registry changes, to do so you can try to perform System Restore as they will return your computer back to an earlier point.

To perform System Restore, I suggest that you refer to the section Restore from a system restore point
    provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

As per the query about PDF narrator, I would like to inform that if you have the program installed and you open the file within the program you can make the narrator read the pdf file. To do so you will have to click on "View" toolbar dropdown, select Read
    outloud, you then can choose "this page only" or "to end of document" or "Deactivate read out loud".

If you do not have to program installed and wish to read an online document this feature will not be available.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 29, 2017
  3. How to undo registry changes a well as make narrator read pdf file

I accidently double clicked on an old registry file and it said that it was updated. How can I reverse this? Also can I get windows to speak pdf files?

registry- Original Title

Thank You. I thought maybe there might be another way I was not aware of as I had made massive changes to the system that was just coming to a grand finally and it was when I double clicked on the original .reg file instead of the most recent one which
    would have saved me much time so I actually did a recovery. The gentleman that replied with his answer essentially had a correct solution working with the information he had in front of him. Situation has however been resolved with a lesson well learnt(ounce
    prevention, tortoise and the hare, slowwwwwwww down and get the best return).

rudedognowak, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

Cannot make changes in Registry

1. Cannot make changes in Registry - Similar Threads - Cannot changes Registry

2. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  3. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  4. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  6. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  7. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  9. Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Windows Registry holds tweaks for almost everything. You can use it to customize your Windows experience and unlock hidden features like Windows 10 Immersive search. While Registry is a handy tool, mistakes when editing it can cause a lot of issues, including booting and...
  10. Can not make registry changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make registry changes.: I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials has probably ended up in a number of other places which make the same conclusions. I have no reason to doubt that my Nav pane...