Windows 10: Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden...

Discus and support Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I started having some webcam issues recently and went to make adjustments under app permissions in my privacy settings. Here I realized I do not have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sraaf, Dec 6, 2018.

1. sraaf Win User

Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden...

I started having some webcam issues recently and went to make adjustments under app permissions in my privacy settings. Here I realized I do not have the ability to make changes to my webcam and basically all other apps and general settings (they are greyed out). Every section pops up with a error message that says "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

This is a personal desktop and I have administrator rights. I contacted Microsoft and they had me check that my Windows was up-to-date (it was) and then to try to create a new user account and give that account administrator rights. Neither resolved the issue.

The link that MS provided to a thread about this problem was broken. I saw another thread recommend to try to turn off push notifications through the registry and that also did not work.

:)

sraaf, Dec 6, 2018

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden...

Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN>EXE - Bad Image error message

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Furthermore, a bad Image error occurs if there's an interruption to the system process or a corrupted file that affects the system. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool. It's a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows
    system files and restore corrupted files.

You may also check the answer from Andre Da Costa in this
    thread
    regarding Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN.EXE - Bad Image error message.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden...

1. Cannot make changes in Windows and Apps Permissions. Error message: "Some settings hidden... - Similar Threads - Cannot changes Apps

2. "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation." message appears in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation." message appears in...: I do not know why this message appears. I believe that it is some application that set some policy settings for this setting. I do not know if it is normal or abnormal but can you help me with this? Also some settings were greyed out....
  3. "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation." message appears in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation." message appears in...: I do not know why this message appears. I believe that it is some application that set some policy settings for this setting. I do not know if it is normal or abnormal but can you help me with this? Also some settings were greyed out....
  4. "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation." message appears in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "you need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file" error message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "you need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file" error message.: So i'm trying to delete a bunch of super old, useless files.But upon trying to delete them, i get the error message in the title.I am the admin of the computer and the only userI've seen people say to edit the permissions, but the options to edit them are grayed out. as seen...
  6. "you need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file" error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "you need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file" error message.: So i'm trying to delete a bunch of super old, useless files.But upon trying to delete them, i get the error message in the title.I am the admin of the computer and the only userI've seen people say to edit the permissions, but the options to edit them are grayed out. as seen...
  7. Error Message *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: We did the Windows 10 update recently. We noticed that our background settings changed and when we go to change it the background function is grayed out. The message reads in read *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. We have tried to do some of...
  8. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization message showing on...

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization message showing on...: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  9. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" - message

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" - message: Hello, I bought a fingerprint reader to use on my pc ( windows 10 Home 64bit) and I cant use it because the button is greyed out due to this message. I tried using gpedit.msc to change the privacy settings but this does not work. What can I do to remove this message?...
  10. *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message

*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message: I have a problem with changing settings on my laptop. it prompts a message that some settings are hidden or managed by my organization. which doesn't allow me to change settings like lockscreen background. my laptop is running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I got...