Windows 10: cannot make screenshots

Discus and support cannot make screenshots in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 with Dell L100 keyboard. It does not have a Fn key. How do I make screenshots? I did turn on feature in Ease of Access...but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by docmarv, Oct 27, 2020.

1. docmarv Win User

cannot make screenshots

I'm using Windows 10 with Dell L100 keyboard. It does not have a Fn key. How do I make screenshots? I did turn on feature in Ease of Access...but no luck. Thanks.

:)

docmarv, Oct 27, 2020
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 27, 2020
  3. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

cannot make screenshots

Disable the Share Screenshot pop-up

Hi,

To better assist you regarding the issue on share screenshot, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

cannot make screenshots

1. cannot make screenshots - Similar Threads - cannot screenshots

2. Cannot search with Windows, Emoji button not working, cant screenshot etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot search with Windows, Emoji button not working, cant screenshot etc.: I can't post a screenshot but when i try to type something in search bar it doesn't work just when i press "S" it squares the Steam Application and when i try to use CTRL + . it doesn't open the emoji bar and when i try CTRL + SHIFT/WIN + S it doesn't work for screenshot....
  3. Cannot search with Windows, Emoji button not working, cant screenshot etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot search with Windows, Emoji button not working, cant screenshot etc.: I can't post a screenshot but when i try to type something in search bar it doesn't work just when i press "S" it squares the Steam Application and when i try to use CTRL + . it doesn't open the emoji bar and when i try CTRL + SHIFT/WIN + S it doesn't work for screenshot....
  4. Why I cannot edit screenshot taken via Snippet Tools anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot edit screenshot taken via Snippet Tools anymore?: Hello.Some behavior changed for me and I am not sure why. Here is what i used to do:1. hit "prt scr" -> image appeared in notifications2. clicked image in notification -> snippet tool opened with picture loaded3. edit picture highlight something and clicked "copy" to get the...
  5. Why I cannot edit screenshot taken via Snippet Tools anymore?

Why I cannot edit screenshot taken via Snippet Tools anymore?: Hello.Some behavior changed for me and I am not sure why. Here is what i used to do:1. hit "prt scr" -> image appeared in notifications2. clicked image in notification -> snippet tool opened with picture loaded3. edit picture highlight something and clicked "copy" to get the...
  6. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  7. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  8. app thumbnails dont update hence i cannot take a correct screenshot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app thumbnails dont update hence i cannot take a correct screenshot: my game is opened and i played it for an hour but thumbnail is stuck on loading screen. screenshots are taken from thumbnails. how to fix it?...
  9. app thumbnails dont update hence i cannot take a correct screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app thumbnails dont update hence i cannot take a correct screenshot: my game is opened and i played it for an hour but thumbnail is stuck on loading screen. screenshots are taken from thumbnails. how to fix it?...
  10. app thumbnails dont update hence i cannot take a correct screenshot