Windows 10: Cannot make the disk to image work

Discus and support Cannot make the disk to image work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to make a Win10 1903 image from my computer, I first try to reinstall my computer with my Win1803 image and then it is success. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gloria Gong, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Cannot make the disk to image work

Hi,

I want to make a Win10 1903 image from my computer, I first try to reinstall my computer with my Win1803 image and then it is success. Then I update my OS to 1903 and ready to do the encapsulation: Win + R> sysprep> Double click the sysprep> Check generalize, change to shutdown> OK> Wait for it finished and the computer shut down.

USB disk> Open computer> F9(HP)> Clean all and press disk to image> Finish disk to image> Take the USB disk and install system using the new image on the new computer, after I finish the install and restart the computer, I get blue screen. Error code 0xc0000001

I'm new of it, please share some advices and help.

Best Regards,

Helpdesk

:)

Gloria Gong, Aug 28, 2019

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 28, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Cannot make the disk to image work [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Cannot make the disk to image work

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot make the disk to image work

1. Cannot make the disk to image work - Similar Threads - Cannot disk image

2. WINDOWS DISK IMAGE IS NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS DISK IMAGE IS NOT WORKING: I downloaded a Windows 10 disk image as .iso format. I restored it to my USB. And I closed my computer Poweroff.. Checked BIOS settings Everything is setted as it should be.. And started to booting from USB... But it not booting. It started booting Ubuntu. But it can boots...
  3. Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work: When I delete the file, it shows "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file". It was stated that the system is still run the program so I restart the pc and then I had tried to delete it in safe mode but I didn't work...
  4. How can I make a disk image backup?

How can I make a disk image backup?: How can I make a disk image backup in WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-a-disk-image-backup/6941df78-1339-4c8e-a894-b1d40106b24e
  5. Making a Systems Image

Making a Systems Image: Having just updated Windows 10 V1803 86X based system to KB4462919, but am still unable to make a Systems Image on to an external HDD due to erroneous RPC service unavailable failures. Been trying for most of Sept but to no avail. Must I resort to a Non-Microsoft backup...
  6. windows 10 - 1803 - cannot make a system image

windows 10 - 1803 - cannot make a system image: The create system image app rejects both thumb drives and network drive - two of the MOST!!!!!!!! logical places to use for storing a system image. Just how is a person supposed to create a system image?...
  7. Make a image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Make a image: Does win 10 have a image program built in to image the whole hard drive?? 87775
  8. Disk image

Disk image: I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they...
  9. Making a disk image in Windows 10

Making a disk image in Windows 10: I want to make a disk image of my Windows 10 drive so that if I decided to downgrade to Windows 10 Home I'll some of my data saved. Is this theoretically possible? 37400
  10. Cannot make system image - VSS error 12289

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make system image - VSS error 12289: Whenever I try to create a system image or run recimg I get error 12289 and the backup fails. System protection is turned on and maximum space used is set to 20%. I have no third party backup software installed and this is a real not virtual machine. PHP Code: <Event...