Windows 10: Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure its a app problem or LifeCam Studio issue. I've purchased a new desktop and install Windows 10 Home edition (fresh install). After using for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CFLam, Jun 30, 2016.

1. CFLam Win User

Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ?

Not sure its a app problem or LifeCam Studio issue.
    I've purchased a new desktop and install Windows 10 Home edition (fresh install). After using for 1 month, I get a webcam (LifeCam Studio). The cam is good and no need to install anything, the "Camera App" work right away. However, when I launch theTranslator app, when I click on the camera icon, the following message display:
    "We couldn't get your camera started. Try using the keyboard to translate."
    Check and confirmed that under:setting->Privacy->Camra is turned on and allow translator to use the camera
    Why can't the translator app make use the cam and how to resolve it ? Thanks.

LAM Chi-fung

:)

CFLam, Jun 30, 2016

2. Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ? (in VMWare Workstation 12)

Thanks for your reply, however, I follow all the instruction to check the cam bt nothing help. The cam is direct connect to USB port, no driver update is needed. The app troubleshooter find nothing and the translator app is the most updated version.

LAM Chi-fung, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ? (in VMWare Workstation 12)

I know what happen now. Since I use the camera inside VMWare Workstation 12 i.e. I install Win 10 inside VMWare Workstation 12 and connect the lifecam studio to the guest Win 10.

When I connect the cam to host Win 10, everything work fine. My question now is:

why the camera app in the guest Win 10 work properly but the translator app not ? I understand if both app not able to use the camera, but why camera app work fine in guest Win 10 but translator app not ? Thanks.

Regds

LAM Chi-fung, Jun 30, 2016
  4. CFLam Win User

I know what happen now. Since I use the camera inside VMWare Workstation 12 i.e. I install Win 10 inside VMWare Workstation 12 and connect the lifecam studio to the guest Win 10.
    When I connect the cam to host Win 10, everything work fine. My question now is:
    why the camera app in the guest Win 10 work properly but the translator app not ? I understand if both app not able to use the camera, but why camera app work fine in guest Win 10 but translator app not ? Thanks.

Regds
    LAM Chi-fung

CFLam, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Cannot LifeCam Studio

2. LifeCam Studio Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio Webcam: I accidentally removed the webcam device from the control panel and i do not know how to get it back, when i try use it there is an image for a second but then a black screen, it is listed in device manager but i dont know what to do, need help ASAP, need the webcam for...
  3. LifeCam Studio

LifeCam Studio: Hi Everyone, My LifeCam Studio keeps installing as an Audio Device so I cannot use the camera. Any advice? Cheers, Lna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/a3834c61-68c7-46fb-bfd0-5f7384f4f2a3
  4. Lifecam Studio

Lifecam Studio: This device was working but not now. Have reinstalled webcam, rebooted PC, updated drivers. Nothing works. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/0cacf21f-8c36-4439-a2c6-371bcd65cd89
  5. lifecam studio will not install

lifecam studio will not install: LifeCam studio will not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-will-not-install/d5740256-3d00-431c-8309-8315b612cc95
  6. how to use Microsoft LifeCam Studio in Windows 10?

how to use Microsoft LifeCam Studio in Windows 10?: This has been asked allready but it's "This thread is locked. ......... you cannot reply to this thread." So I'm doing this to show how I got my Microsoft LifeCam Studio working in Windows 10 ! after many, many hours stuffing round with 'Compatibility mode' .........
  7. Unable to use Lifecam Studio with Windows 10 (64)

Unable to use Lifecam Studio with Windows 10 (64): Windows 10. My lifecam Studio shows in Devices and printer at startup, then disappears within a few seconds. If I go to Start/Camera, I receive the Camera not found message/...
  8. LifeCam Studio 1080p

LifeCam Studio 1080p: When I plug my LifeCam into a USB port it works at high resolution for a minute, but then Windows 10 installs some drivers and knocks it down to really low resolution. If I put it into a new USB port the same thing happens. Any suggestions?...
  9. lifecam studio problem

lifecam studio problem: my win 10 laptop wont reconise my lifecam studio when i plug it in a message says usb device not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-problem/cea87e0e-87cf-4bb8-b467-1b703745169b
  10. lifecam studio & KB4343669

lifecam studio & KB4343669: Lifecam studio not working after KB4343669 update (19th July 18) done the whole uninstall thing but because the drivers are WHQL there is no independent driver release. works fine on machines without the update, also does not work fine on machines with the update. tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lifecam studio cant enable from windows 10

2. windows 10 get camera app to see lifecam studio