Windows 10: Cannot make windows hello pin code

Discus and support Cannot make windows hello pin code in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I used to use windows fingerprint sign-in option. However, after some update, I had to use my password only. (when I tried with fingerprint, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SEUNGJUNOH, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Cannot make windows hello pin code

I used to use windows fingerprint sign-in option.

However, after some update, I had to use my password only. (when I tried with fingerprint, it declined with an error message)

So I deleted my fingerprint to resolve the issue.

and if I go to PIN settings, it looks like I don't have a pin code (it shows "create" instead of "change pin")

but if I click "create pin", it asks my pin code.

when I put in my old pin code, it shows an error message saying that some error occurred and it does not proceed.

I cannot make pin code but whenever windows starts, it asks me to make a pin code.

:)

SEUNGJUNOH, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 25, 2019
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Cannot make windows hello pin code

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot make windows hello pin code

1. Cannot make windows hello pin code - Similar Threads - Cannot hello pin

2. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  3. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  4. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.: I have an account since a long time but when I want to log in on my second machine int the Microsoft Store need to enter my Pin. Whenever I do it it keeps telling me it is wrong. In order to buy my son on his machine a game I needed for some reason a secondary email which I...
  5. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.: I have an account since a long time but when I want to log in on my second machine int the Microsoft Store need to enter my Pin. Whenever I do it it keeps telling me it is wrong. In order to buy my son on his machine a game I needed for some reason a secondary email which I...
  6. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cannot make a Pin

I cannot make a Pin: My PC says i don't have a pin but I do have one so when I try to create a Pin it asks for a pin. when I put in the pin it just loads for a few secs and then dissappears like nothing happens please help I cannot use windows hello anymore....
  8. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...
  9. cannot find windows hello pin

cannot find windows hello pin: hi, i recently updated my windows 10 home from version 1909 to 2004 ,after updating my laptop i cannot find windows hello PIN please help me. thank you..[ATTACH]...
  10. Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code: Hi everyone ! First things first : english is not my native language, please tell me if you don't understand what I'm asking haha : So ! Tonight I was willing to add a Microsoft account to my computer in order to use this account on the Xbox App. So mail:password, all...