Windows 10: Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Clicking any button that should open up an account management dialog window does simply nothing. I tried it in these scenarios: windows settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dutchcraft12, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

Clicking any button that should open up an account management dialog window does simply nothing.

I tried it in these scenarios:
    windows settings > account > email & accounts

Neither "add an account" or "add a workplace or school account" does anything when you click it.

Windows Store > account button in the top right > "Sign in"

Clicking this does nothing.

Mail > Accounts > Manage accounts

Clicking "add account" does nothing.

This behavior is the same for any kind of account button in windows 10.

When I make a fresh (local) windows user on the same computer I can login to Microsoft accounts from that fresh windows user, but it doesn't work on my main user.

There are a few people who have posted the same problem over the years, but all of those threads have been locked without any answers that worked for me. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/dutchcraft12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dutchcraft12, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

Cannot login with microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi John,

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, I suggest you to convert the user account to
    Local account and using the new Microsoft account change to Microsoft user account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of not able to login using Microsoft account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

1. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Cannot manage login

2. Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Login into my Microsoft Account: I keep trying to login to any Microsoft app Edge, Microsoft Store, Outlook, 365, etc on my Windows 10 PC. It first says it needs to verify my identity with my correct email address with my pin. After I key in my pin, it then tells me because I am accessing sensitive info, I...
  3. Microsoft account cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account cannot login: All the functionalities that require MS account login is not working. Win store pops out the error code 0x80131500:Onedrive cannot login:When I try to open feedback, there is 0x800704cf error:And the windows update cannot download any updates.Can anyone please guide me how to...
  4. Microsoft account cannot login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account cannot login: All the functionalities that require MS account login is not working. Win store pops out the error code 0x80131500:Onedrive cannot login:When I try to open feedback, there is 0x800704cf error:And the windows update cannot download any updates.Can anyone please guide me how to...
  5. Cannot login in a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login in a Microsoft account: Hello, this is my school account. The problem is not in my account but in my friend's school account. We have school laptops and when she tries to login it says that there is no such account. We tried to login in a browser and it gives us the same error. What do we need to...
  6. Cannot login in a Microsoft account

Cannot login in a Microsoft account: Hello, this is my school account. The problem is not in my account but in my friend's school account. We have school laptops and when she tries to login it says that there is no such account. We tried to login in a browser and it gives us the same error. What do we need to...
  7. cannot login to microsoft account

cannot login to microsoft account: I have a problem with my wifi, or maybe my operating system. So, my windows always says that there is no internet "not internet, secured", but I can still watching youtube, studying online on microsoft teams, and play every online game. I thought there is no problem with it...
  8. cannot login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot login to microsoft account: I have a problem with my wifi, or maybe my operating system. So, my windows always says that there is no internet "not internet, secured", but I can still watching youtube, studying online on microsoft teams, and play every online game. I thought there is no problem with it...
  9. cannot login to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Cannot login to Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to Microsoft account: Up until today I was logging into my Windows 10 PC using a Microsoft account. The login time was always very long, but it eventually got there after a minute or two or three. Today a warning message popped up saying there was something wrong with my account. It instructed me...