Windows 10: Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

Discus and support Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does software exist that allows me to control my fans speeds? Msi afterburner doesn't work unfortunately, the fan speed setting is greyed out. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Uncle_Slippy_Fist, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

Does software exist that allows me to control my fans speeds? Msi afterburner doesn't work unfortunately, the fan speed setting is greyed out. I've seen lots of people complaining of the same issue but no one seems to have a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't even load a web browser without the computer overheating.

I'm currently using something called speedfan but it also has no fan speed control.

Graphics card is an RTX 2080.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Uncle_Slippy_Fist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Uncle_Slippy_Fist, Dec 3, 2020

2. Runtime Broker constantly eating up resources and thus resulting overheating and increased fan speed

After installing the upgrade of Windows 10 i noticed that the process named "Runtime Broker" is constantly running and constantly eating up my CPU Cycles and other resources.

This process is eating nearly 30 % of my CPU Cycles thus resulting in overheating and increased fan speed.

Kindly provide me with the solution to this issue.

Thanks

TanmayGupta, Dec 3, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Computer fan running constantly and noisy. please see attached windows performance recording

Hi,

Normally the computer fan speed is controlled by the machines BIOS using temperature sensors...

If the fan is running constantly and is noisy it would make me think I had a overheating problem, or a problem with a BIOS setting...

I would keep Taskmanager running on the taskbar to determine if you have continuous High CPU and\or HDD activity for some reason...

slance310, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Dadof 5 Win User

Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

Fan is making more much sound ( nonsense )

Hello again. I have read the link you posted and now I am confused.

The basics of what I initially suggested to you come down to the following.

-laptop fans typically get loud when a laptop is overheating

The best ways to prevent overheating are

-kill any unnecessary processes

-clean the laptop fan of any dust or debris

-buy a laptop cooler

- use a third party app to control the couch speed and fan speed

Dadof 5, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

1. Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating - Similar Threads - Cannot manually control

2. Manually adjust Lenovo S740 Fan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually adjust Lenovo S740 Fan speed: Hi, is there anyway to adjust the fan speed for the yoga series? I have already tried downloading several 3rd parties app but still does not work. Thanks....
  3. Manually adjust Lenovo S740 Fan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually adjust Lenovo S740 Fan speed: Hi, is there anyway to adjust the fan speed for the yoga series? I have already tried downloading several 3rd parties app but still does not work. Thanks....
  4. Manually adjust Lenovo S740 Fan speed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to control the fan speed?: I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed... If you know a way then...
  6. Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating: For some reason, my laptop HP Omen 15 recently started to heat up like crazy while gaming, and I no longer can hear or feel the fans going fast, even when playing heavy games Fortnite, Far Cry 5, Forza 6 etc. The fans are still working, but they're not even running half as...
  7. Fan running constantly and degraded speed again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan running constantly and degraded speed again: 1 year old HP Envy with Windows 10 already installed. Constant issue reported previously. Fan suddenly starts running and stays running for weeks at a time. During these events, performance is significantly impacted including delays in key strokes, significantly slower...
  8. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service Allows Fan Speed Control: Hi Everyone. I have lost the ability to control my fan speed after doing a clean boot. Normally I can set the fan to max speed for gaming using a program called nerve center (causing it to spin faster than it does under automatic control). Now that option is missing. I tried...
  9. Software to control fan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to control fan speed: Hi All, I'm looking for a program that can control each fan's speed on my mainboard based on temperature (CPU, GPU accordingly). I've already tried Speedfan but after installed, no fan was recognized and CPU's temperature is wrong. Thanks for your advice.*Smile 106352
  10. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...