Windows 10: Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

Discus and support Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, After trying tons of solutions available on the Internet, i am so desperate that I decided to create a topic. I have purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Balazs90, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Balazs90 Win User

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

Hi everyone,

After trying tons of solutions available on the Internet, i am so desperate that I decided to create a topic.

I have purchased a D-link DNS 320l recently (its used), and after several hours of trying I cannot map the NAS as a drive.

Setup:

- D-link DNS 320l NAS device connected to Gigabyte LAN (1000) to my router TP-Link Archer C2 via UTP cable.

- PC Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte LAN adapter, connected to TP-link router via UTP cable.

- NAS is switched on, 1 drive is installed, blue LED is on.

NAS Firmware is

Firmware Date

04/20/2016

Network setup:

NAS IP address: 192.168.0.131 (Static, reserved IP address in router, reserved IP in Dlink NAS admin page)

PC IP address: 192.168.0.173 (same as above)

The NAS (this is how I named it during the installation) is visible in My computer, but like a UPNP device

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network f692e5be-d342-4a27-9b36-805e841e8fd5?upload=true.jpg

Right clicking on the icon you can see information about the NAS, so its recognized

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network f26d03b3-9102-4fbc-9842-9f63aeeb6366?upload=true.jpg

if I open it I only find 3 folders there: Music, Photo, Video. But there is no option to delete, or create any files there..

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network d77fde27-a012-4a19-af66-336947bdee6c?upload=true.jpg

Clicking on the NAS here opens up the device's admin console from the browser. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network e3672490-6a08-4969-be0e-15cdcff03ff4?upload=true.jpg

HDD is recognised , can be formatted with no issue from the admin console Wizard, or from the device's ShareCenter setup.

on the NAS admin page/Network Share settings tab I created one shared drive called Volume_1, All users have write and read rights, NFS host is pointing "*"

From my PC I can ping the NAS successfully with IP using Command prompt, with no packet loss

I tried to install the device using Share Center setup utility software, selected fix ip and set the proper settings, but at the end its not mounting up. The installation goes through successfully and its not giving any error message.

Tried several ways to map it manually from My Computer, Map network drive:

\\192.168.0.131\Volume_1

\\NAS\Volume_1

only the IP \\192.168.0.131

etc.

Neither worked.It says Windows cannot access x...x. (address which I tried)

Diagnosing wasnt work either, there was no problem identified by Windows.

I tried to map it with and without credentials as well (NAS's credentials, local admin (myself having the Windows admin right), or creating a new user on the NAS and give rights to the user as well, no success.

If I click (in the Map Network drive tab) on Browse I only see the Network and my PC. If I click on Network nothing happens.

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network f0e367ee-830a-4961-9a38-9f189bd6fd2c?upload=true.jpg

Tried to map it with the D-link Storage Utility software, but it gives the error Failed to Map drive (however it recognised the NAS and all settings, it was asking for credentials as well which I gave and it accepted.

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network 1621f5ec-6c05-457a-bf6f-556d9f40e786?upload=true.jpg

What I also tried already:

- Turn Windows feature SMB 1.0 CIFS client and server on

- ALl Windows sharing options are enbled

- in Lan Adapter properties, IP4 properties, Advanced TCP/IP settings, WINS tab the Enable NetBios over TCP/IP option is already enabled

- Tried to reboot, reinstall NAS several times

Any idea for this issue?

:)

Balazs90, Feb 8, 2019

2. Mapping network devices such as NAS drives.

Dear Support,

I am having a massive problem with finding NAS devices on my network so I map them as network drives.

I had not changed any network configurations, but now I do not see my NAS drives in the list under "Network", nor can I map my NAS drives.

My previous mappings are fine and work OK. However, even the drives that were previously mapped that work OK do not appear in the list for the options of mapping network drives now.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an Intel 7th gen CPU, wired Ethernet.

I have checked to see that all my firmware is up to date, including router, NAS, network driver. I have checked that sharing is on, and turned off firewalls, made my network type private. I have searched every forum and technical note, and tried every video
    out there, but I am at the end of my tether with this problem.

The problem seemed to occur after updating Windows. Everything was working fine before, completely flawlessly.

I am basically now completely fed up with the situation, and my only option left is to move all my computers to Linux. The problem has basically cut off access to data I need to work and is costing me money and time. I basically just want to cry as there
    is no solution anywhere that I find. The Windows update has broken my network.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Kind regards, Ben.

Ben_Santos, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Kbird Win User
    Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network [​IMG]

Perhaps NetBIOS needs enabling ? ^^^^^ ie win10 sets it to Default not Enabled which does not always work

Perhaps NetBIOS needs enabling ?

Kbird, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Elizabeth Win User

Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

Windows 10 rightly considers your NAS as a "device" not a "folder" . You can map shares on an NAS because these are folders, but you cannot (and never have been able to) map devices to a drive letter. P&P and USB devices and those that are part of your system (such as a DVD drive) are mapped automatically.

Elizabeth, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network - Similar Threads - Cannot Map NAS

2. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network: Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1586I have a DNS-321 NAS that has been working all along until the above update was installed. I used my utility software that came with this unit and it still will not map this drive. How can I get it working again? I tried this from another form...
  3. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network: Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1586I have a DNS-321 NAS that has been working all along until the above update was installed. I used my utility software that came with this unit and it still will not map this drive. How can I get it working again? I tried this from another form...
  4. Cannot Map NAS in Windows 10 Pro x64, however the device is accessible from the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS

Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS: Friends, I have Win10Pro running on a Surface 2 laptop. I am trying to connect to a WDMycloudDL2100 unit which is visible on the network under the Storage section, but is not visible when attempting to map a network drive to any of the shares. Clicking on the icon simply...
  6. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro: I have 2 NAS which work perfectly as mapped drives with XP and Windows 7 computers. Cannot get either NAS recognized using a Win 10 pro machine. Have tried to get SMB1 running and a work around using Functional Discovery Provider Host and Functional Discovery Resource...
  7. Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed

Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed: Hi everyone, I have mapped my NAS drive into the Windows File Explorer. Everytime when - my PC is started or waked it up from sleep/hibernate mode, - the save dialog is opened (in the web browser to download some file for example), - and in many another cases I can hear spin...
  8. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...
  9. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...
  10. Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64

Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64: Good day! OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 under domain Ms Server 2016 i just want to ask a small favor if anyone can help me. we are using domain in out network and we have all security and policy. when the user login to his laptop all has been set but there's one thing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dlink failed to map drive