Windows 10: Cannot marshal from C# IReflect object to C++ IDispatch

Discus and support Cannot marshal from C# IReflect object to C++ IDispatch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI, I am struggling with a problem for some time and I hope I can get some guidance here on the community forums. The problem is simple: I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Claudiu_D, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Claudiu_D Win User

Cannot marshal from C# IReflect object to C++ IDispatch

HI,

I am struggling with a problem for some time and I hope I can get some guidance here on the community forums.

The problem is simple:

I have a com interface:

[ComImport]
    [Guid"08D7DC4F-40A7-432D-A219-FE5470671DC3"]
    [TypeLibTypeTypeLibTypeFlags.FDual TypeLibTypeFlags.FNonExtensible TypeLibTypeFlags.FDispatchable]
    public interface IDispatchSupplier
    {
    [MethodImplMethodImplOptions.InternalCall]
    [DispId1610743809]
    [return: MarshalAsUnmanagedType.IDispatch]
    object GetMyObject[In] [MarshalAsUnmanagedType.BStr] string className;
    }

and implemenation of IDispatchSupplier:

[ComVisibletrue]
    [ProgId"Test.MyDispatchSupplier"]
    public sealed class DispatchSupplier: IDispatchSupplier
    {
    public object GetMyObjectstring className
    {
    MyReflectObject reflectObject = new MyReflectObject ;
    return reflectObject ;
    }
    }

and a class that implements IReflect:

[ComVisibletrue, ClassInterfaceClassInterfaceType.None]
    public sealed class MyReflectObject : IReflect
    {

public MemberInfo[] GetMembersBindingFlags bindingAttr
    {
    return _membersArray;
    }

//.......and so on, IReflect is implemented

}

From C++ I just want to access the ITypeInfoMembers and expecting to have members from IReflect but they are not there

CComPtr<IDispatchSupplier> dispatchSupplier;
    if SUCCEEDEDdispatchSupplier.CoCreateInstanceL"Test.MyDispatchSupplier"
    {
    CComPtr<IDispatch> myDispatchObject;
    HRESULT hr = dispatchSupplier->GetMyObjectmicClass, &myDispatchObject;
    if SUCCEEDEDhr
    {
    CComPtr<ITypeInfo> myDispatchObjectTypeInfo;
    if SUCCEEDEDmyDispatchObject->GetTypeInfoNULL, NULL, &myDispatchObjectTypeInfo
    {
    TYPEATTR* spTypeAttr = nullptr;
    hr = myDispatchObjectTypeInfo->GetTypeAttr&spTypeAttr;
    //unique_ptr<TYPEATTR> aspTypeAttr;
    if SUCCEEDEDhr
    {
    WORD funcsCount = spTypeAttr->cFuncs;
    for WORD i = 0; i < funcsCount; i++
    {
    FUNCDESC* spfuncdesc = nullptr;
    UINT temp = i;
    hr = myDispatchObjectTypeInfo->GetFuncDesctemp, &spfuncdesc;
    //unique_ptr<FUNCDESC> bspfuncdesc;
    if SUCCEEDEDhr && spfuncdesc
    {
    long invId = spfuncdesc->invkind;
    // This is the Function Description of the required method.
    if invId == INVOKE_FUNC
    invId == INVOKE_PROPERTYPUT
    invId == INVOKE_PROPERTYPUTREF
    invId == INVOKE_PROPERTYGET
    {

// Get parameters names
    CBSTRVector Names50;
    UINT nNames0;
    myDispatchObjectTypeInfo->GetNamesspfuncdesc->memid, &Names, 50, &nNames;
    nNames = __minnNames, UINTspfuncdesc->cParams + 1;
    if nNames < 1
    continue;
    OutputDebugStringWL"\r\n";
    OutputDebugStringW*Names;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

into output I get com members like:

AddRef

QueryInterface

and so on...

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.

:)

Claudiu_D, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Good book/site for C?

The reason I suggest starting with C++ is that in my experience helping people learn to code, they have a harder time transitioning from a functional language (C) to an object oriented language (C++) than they do if they learn OOP first and wish to go back to functional coding (for whatever reason).

C++ is a superset of C, although not neccessarily a 100% strict one.
    You can read the C++ Wiki for information on compatibility and differences between the two.

Anyway, regardless of what you chose, the most important thing is to get going !!

Kreij, Jan 16, 2020
  3. No O/C at all

Now with the cpu step up O/C it averages around 55-58c on all cores.

gerrynicol, Jan 16, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Learning to Program C

my suggestion is to learn c first, then expand to c++ or java depending on your project requirements. if you decide to use visual studio (which i strongestly recommend) then you can just create c++ projects and write normal c code

W1zzard, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot marshal from C# IReflect object to C++ IDispatch - Similar Threads - Cannot marshal IReflect

2. Cannot Extend C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Extend C drive: im trying to extend the C drive but they extend button is greyed out. Below is the configuration i have on the server running server 2012 R2. Can you please help in any way ....
  3. Cannot Extend C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Extend C drive: im trying to extend the C drive but they extend button is greyed out. Below is the configuration i have on the server running server 2012 R2. Can you please help in any way ....
  4. Cannot delete C:/Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete C:/Mount: Cannot delete "C:/Mount" - 2.26 GB - Owner administrators, Guess Iam not an admin anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-cmount/cc504090-5d69-4818-94ab-3234ba503161
  5. Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?

Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?: My C drive is almost full 5.08 GB free of 221 GB so I want to move some files to my D drive 88 GB free of 931When I try to copy files from my C drive to the D I get an error message that says There is not enough space on OneDrive. You need an additional 28.1 GB free to copy...
  6. CANNOT CREATE NEW PARTITION FROM C DRIVE

CANNOT CREATE NEW PARTITION FROM C DRIVE: I've created partitions on other computers for years and never had this message come up. I don't want to click on yes unless I know what it's about.[ATTACH]...
  7. C:\WindowsApp cannot be removed.

C:\WindowsApp cannot be removed.: We were changing our boot drive and now our secondary drive is our boot drive, the issue is there is a windowsapp folder that is taking up 112 gigabytes on the computer, and the computer is saying “cannot find c:\windowsapps” and whatnot. I’ve tried to change permissions on...
  8. C&C callback from svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    C&C callback from svchost.exe: Hello im keep getting C&C callback events on our devices to111.221.29.254:443which is Microsoft corp SingaporeISP located on Hong Kong. can you explain why microsoft's svchost.exe making this callback event. thank you....
  9. I cannot delete a user from C:/Users

I cannot delete a user from C:/Users: I have deleted the user from my computer, but still the folder remains under C:/Users and contains appdata with A LOT of storage being taken up from it. I am using an administrator account and have control over the folder. When I try to rmdir del in CMD access is denied....
  10. CANNOT FIND C/C++ EXTENSION ON VISUAL STUDIO

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    CANNOT FIND C/C++ EXTENSION ON VISUAL STUDIO: [ATTACH]i have tried a various keyword to in the search but I coudnt find c/c++ extension on VISUAL STUDIO helppppp pleassseeeeee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-cc-extension-on-visual-studio/ee42f381-ccd8-4c99-ab5f-da51162e2a35"