Windows 10: Cannot maximize windows

Discus and support Cannot maximize windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed W10 and ANYTHING I click on puts an icon on the taskbar BUT won't maximize so I can do anything. This seems utterly rudimentary but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by piikea, May 17, 2019.

1. piikea Win User

Cannot maximize windows

Just installed W10 and ANYTHING I click on puts an icon on the taskbar BUT won't maximize so I can do anything. This seems utterly rudimentary but I can't figure it out. If I mouse over the icons in the taskbar they expand to the little 1.5" x 1.5" mini window as shown in the screenshot (from another computer with W7 since I can't do it in W10). What am I missing??

:)

piikea, May 17, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2019
  3. Bruce Hagen, May 17, 2019
  4. Cannot maximize windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot maximize windows

1. Cannot maximize windows - Similar Threads - Cannot maximize

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  6. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  7. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10. The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  8. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10. The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  9. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10.The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  10. Taskbar Does NOT Autohide While a Window is Maximized cannot access Taskbar in auto-hide mode

Taskbar Does NOT Autohide While a Window is Maximized cannot access Taskbar in auto-hide mode: If the taskbar on your Windows desktop is not appearing when hovering your mouse over it in auto-hide mode, I have a solution to your problem! After hours of scouring the Internet about this exact issue, I finally found out what was happening. If you are experiencing not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resize windows in windows10

2. cant maximize app win 10