Windows 10: Cannot merge USB partitions

Discus and support Cannot merge USB partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a approximate 14.5 GB USB pen drive. Once I had installed an operating system on it, which made its main partition only about 200 MB. Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Win10user_217, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Cannot merge USB partitions

I have a approximate 14.5 GB USB pen drive. Once I had installed an operating system on it, which made its main partition only about 200 MB. Now, I want to remove the installed operating system on that and want to use the whole USB. So I formatted the USB, but again, because the main partition was only about 200 MB, it only formatted the 200 MB partition. And after trying various ways to merge the unallocated space with the partition, I was unable to. No matter what, the "extend partition" option is always unable. At least I am able to make a new partition of the unallocated 14 GB space, but I

:)

Win10user_217, Sep 20, 2021
  2. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Cant merge Partitions

Move the files, backed up. Use Easeus to delete both partitions, merge, make new parition, and move files back.

Toothless, Sep 20, 2021
  4. mars Win User

Cannot merge USB partitions

Partition a USB Flash Drive

USB Partitioning

Do you know the technical part of it? How does the flipping of the removable happen? How can we partition a USB without using a 3rd party software? Can you suggest any programming language? and what algo should I use? thanks!

Thema:

Cannot merge USB partitions

1. Cannot merge USB partitions - Similar Threads - Cannot merge USB

2. USBs showing up as two partitions, can't merge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBs showing up as two partitions, can't merge: Hi all, I've tried multiple USBs in my pc, I even went out and bought a new one but all of them show up as 2 separate drives with the same letter partition G.I need to merge them for a course I'm doing in IT I need to encrypt a usb, I can't encrypt the usb with them being...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  5. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  6. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  7. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  8. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  9. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  10. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...