Windows 10: Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

Discus and support Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jessie g, Dec 23, 2020.

1. jessie g Win User

Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says:

Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor d668721a-3e2e-47bf-8491-148d442d14e8?upload=true.png

I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this:

Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor 800b2a0a-03f7-4117-95d0-81ed5f9df4de?upload=true.png

It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help!

Thanks for the answers!

:)

jessie g, Dec 23, 2020

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 23, 2020
  3. regedit - unable to modify CreativeJson value

In following some instructions to re-enable Feedback in Windows Spotlight (with Windows 10), I need to modify the registry key CreativeJson. However, in regidit if I highlight the value and r-click to Modify (or do Edit > Modify from the menu) the Value
    Data box in the Edit String dialog is empty, even though some some of the data is displayed in the Data column within regidit. I tried downloading a third party registry editor, but the same thing happens. I have checked the permissions and I (and administrators)
    have full control. I tried running regedit as Administrator, but this dis not help. On another PC that I have running Windows 10, I do not have this issue and can see that this key is very long.

The version of regit that I am having the issue with is 1607.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

keithyoung89, Dec 23, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

Hi Guys,

I hope I've posted this in the correct channel.

Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the following CLSID and Default Icon Value Data:

Control Panel 5399E694-6CE5-4D6C-8FCE-1D8870FDCBA0 %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-27

The folders in question are:

Folders CLSID Default Icon's Value Data
    Desktop folder {B4BFCC3A-DB2C-424C-B029-7FE99A87C641}
    Documents folder {A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}
    Downloads folder {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}
    Pictures folder {3ADD1653-EB32-4cb0-BBD7-DFA0ABB5ACCA}
    Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor - Similar Threads - Cannot modify ImagePath

2. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  3. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  4. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  5. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?: I messed with the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" file and I tried to put it as exefile but that was not the original. The original "Value Data" had some underscores and I cant remember what it was. I can't open any app even snip to show what I mean. It opens then after about a...
  6. Registry Editor Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT "Default" Value Data Original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  8. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  9. Registry Editor Values are not getting listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Editor Values are not getting listed: Hello, I wanted to read the registry values for example VisualFXSetting,But in the registry editor it is not visible image attached for reference. I have to run my read application in both admin and non admin rights Machines,Kindly help me is there any other way to read...
  10. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor: Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the...