Windows 10: Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

Discus and support Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently installed a new version of Windows which means I have lost my data. Before doing so, I created a system image so I could move important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EllisBarratt, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

I have recently installed a new version of Windows which means I have lost my data. Before doing so, I created a system image so I could move important files back to my PC. However, if I try to do anyhting with this Hard Disk Image File then this popup appears:

Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive 71e12476-33f1-43de-94d5-4128e23c8b69?upload=true.png

The Disk Management is of no help either, it says it is healthy however it does not give me any further info.

Any help?

:)

EllisBarratt, Jan 20, 2021
  2. DAB Buff Win User

Do you need to "Mount" an external hard drive before you "Format" the external hard drive?

Do you need to "Mount" an external hard drive before you "Format" the external hard drive?

DAB Buff, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Anon7861 Win User
    Capacity of external system image hard drive

In creating a system image, what capacity hard drive the backup must be saved on?
    Should the capacity of the external hard drive equal or exceed that of the source drive?

In the event of a system crash, how is the operating system restored with the system image created?

Anon7861, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

1. Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive - Similar Threads - Cannot mount drive

2. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  3. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive: Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that I need to make a system repair disc and a system image. I was able to create the system repair disc with no issues however I...
  4. Can't mount external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount external hard drive: An external USB hard drive has been used for a number of years to regularly archive data on a Linux Debian system. The latest attempt to archive data gave the following error :- mount /media/backup mount : can't find UUID=0688802088800FFB Why does this error occur and how...
  5. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  6. Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup: Hello. Basically I've got the problem it says in the title. Every single time I boot up Windows on my laptop, this second partition on my SSD will not be assigned a drive letter. I have to go into disk management and assign it every time. I've already scanned the drive for...
  7. External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost

External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost: How do you find an external hard drive after you change the drive letter and path in disk management? I need to find this in order to recover a very important file. When I plug in the external hard drive now, it does not show up in This PC. When I try to scan with Recuva,...
  8. External hard drive and Image creation

External hard drive and Image creation: I have a 2 Terabyte external hard disk (1.82 Free-recently formated) and I am unable to create an Image of my hard disk. Error (0x80780119). My hard disk only has 383 Gb of data to backup. I was able to do it before without any problem. Windows 10 Pro 64 (1809). any...
  9. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...
  10. System cannot find hard drive to put system image on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System cannot find hard drive to put system image on: Greetings, I have a new rig. I want to make a backup system image to another drive (3Gb SATA). It works well (gaming drive). And is "seen" by Win 10 in File Explorer and otherwise works. But the system backup windows cannot find it. I hit the refresh option and it does...