Windows 10: Cannot move downloads folder

Discus and support Cannot move downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I just accidently changed my downloads folder to be my D drive and now I cannot change it to anything else or even restore the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlastairNiclair, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Cannot move downloads folder

Hello I just accidently changed my downloads folder to be my D drive and now I cannot change it to anything else or even restore the default location. Cannot move downloads folder d5feb9b6-84d8-4a4c-8170-cceb80f92bc5?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlastairNiclair, Dec 24, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 24, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 24, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Cannot move downloads folder

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot move downloads folder

1. Cannot move downloads folder - Similar Threads - Cannot move downloads

2. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  3. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  4. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  5. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  7. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  8. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open: Hi Everyone, I have a problem with Adobe Files moved from the download folder to another folder on C drive then cannot be opened and become corrupted. 1 - Sometimes the pdf file does not save file extension *.pdf in new folder & requires "open with" Adobe acrobat. 2 -...
  10. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630