Windows 10: Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

Discus and support Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to move my documents file off of One Drive but Windows 10 won't let me. If I right click on the Documents folder, it shows the current location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tangodream, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

I want to move my documents file off of One Drive but Windows 10 won't let me. If I right click on the Documents folder, it shows the current location as C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents.Next, I click on the Restore Default Button and it looks like this:If I click the Apply Button, I get this:I click on yes and I get this: I click on yes, then I get this:And then I'm stuck! It won't let me move the files at all. Can someone please let me how to solve this issue because I want to move my files and I do not want to use One Drive.

:)

tangodream, Jun 11, 2021
  2. JulieWelk Win User

retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from C:\User\Julie\Onedrive\Documents

I have a new PC. It has been set up with OneDrive. I don't want it. I uninstalled it but the documents folder under This PC is still OneDrive\documents. I can not point it to a new location. I want the document folder to be C:\User\Julie\Documents NOT
    C:\User\Julie\Onedrive\Documents

JulieWelk, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

The steps suggest that you change the target location to C:\Users\<Your username>\Documents.
    You are seeing a check mark on the Documents icon because it is showing the OneDrive files.

Let us know if we could be of any help regarding Windows in the future.

Dennis Mop, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

1. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to... - Similar Threads - Cannot Move Documents

2. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  3. Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive

Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive: I am unable to move or delete any files from my computer's C drive.I get the following windows denying me access to these files.I am able to view these pictures but not able to delete or move them to a new location.Also I am getting an error window denying me the ability to...
  4. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  5. When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...: I was moving my game files to the D drive, since I have more space there. But when I pasted them on the new location, The same files reappeared on the old destination. Does anyone know how to not make them reappear again?...
  6. Files moved from C: drive to external drive

Files moved from C: drive to external drive: H! My 13-year-old decided to make space on the computer by dragging files from the c: drive to an external drive. Now all the file paths are messed up. I don't know what he moved from where exactly and I don't want to just drag things back and make things worse. We are not...
  7. My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    My files are stored on This PC\documents while my backup is storing c:\documents: I have storage of my data files in This PC\documents\documents and this is also being saved into one drive\documents. My C: drive is no longer storing files in the C:\documents and my backup software is only backing up the c:\documents files not my current data files....
  8. I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card

I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card: my problem is I moved a folder from my document folder on my c drive to a drive with an SD card. the folder moved but not my files in the folder. That folder is empty and it is no longer under my documents folder on my c drive. they are not in my recycle bin. I need to find...
  9. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Cannot move documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move documents folder: I am trying to move my documents folder from the external drive I put it on before installing Win10. It looks like its going to move, then says its done but nothing has moved. Any ideas? 8188