Windows 10: Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

Discus and support Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to move my documents file off of One Drive but Windows 10 won't let me. If I right click on the Documents folder, it shows the current location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tangodream, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

I want to move my documents file off of One Drive but Windows 10 won't let me. If I right click on the Documents folder, it shows the current location as C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents.Next, I click on the Restore Default Button and it looks like this:If I click the Apply Button, I get this:I click on yes and I get this: I click on yes, then I get this:And then I'm stuck! It won't let me move the files at all. Can someone please let me how to solve this issue because I want to move my files and I do not want to use One Drive.

:)

tangodream, Jun 11, 2021
  2. JulieWelk Win User

retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from C:\User\Julie\Onedrive\Documents

I have a new PC. It has been set up with OneDrive. I don't want it. I uninstalled it but the documents folder under This PC is still OneDrive\documents. I can not point it to a new location. I want the document folder to be C:\User\Julie\Documents NOT
    C:\User\Julie\Onedrive\Documents

JulieWelk, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

The steps suggest that you change the target location to C:\Users\<Your username>\Documents.
    You are seeing a check mark on the Documents icon because it is showing the OneDrive files.

Let us know if we could be of any help regarding Windows in the future.

Dennis Mop, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to...

1. Cannot Move My Documents File From C:\Users\dream\OneDrive\Documents to... - Similar Threads - Cannot Move Documents

2. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  3. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  4. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  6. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  7. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  9. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  10. Cannot move documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move documents folder: I am trying to move my documents folder from the external drive I put it on before installing Win10. It looks like its going to move, then says its done but nothing has moved. Any ideas? 8188