Windows 10: Cannot Move, Rename or Delete Pdf files in file explorer unless I turn off preview pane

Discus and support Cannot Move, Rename or Delete Pdf files in file explorer unless I turn off preview pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've got a problem that only started recently. In file explorer Win 10 I can no longer move, rename or delete a pdf file unless I turn off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Notoca, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Notoca Win User

Cannot Move, Rename or Delete Pdf files in file explorer unless I turn off preview pane

Hi

I've got a problem that only started recently. In file explorer Win 10 I can no longer move, rename or delete a pdf file unless I turn off the preview pane.

I've always been able to do these functions with preview pane active until very recently. Something has happened to change this. How can I get this functionality back without having to turn off the preview pane each time?

Cheers

:)

Notoca, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 29, 2020
  4. lacrumb Win User

Cannot Move, Rename or Delete Pdf files in file explorer unless I turn off preview pane

deleting PDF files in Window 10 file explorer in preview pane

Can you do a screenshot of your File Explorer with the Preview pane and some ,pdf files?

lacrumb, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot Move, Rename or Delete Pdf files in file explorer unless I turn off preview pane - Similar Threads - Cannot Move Rename

2. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  3. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  4. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  5. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  6. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I cannot rename files while preview pane is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot rename files while preview pane is on: I cannot rename files while preview pane is on. in windows 10Is there a setting a need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-rename-files-while-preview-pane-is-on/443eb050-cd19-45a0-b9cb-b3b08e7d3383
  8. PDF files, moving, renaming with windows explorer 10 pane preview activated

PDF files, moving, renaming with windows explorer 10 pane preview activated: Hi Everyone. Sorry to bother, but I did not find yet an answer for a problem I have been facing that is related with the speed to move a PDF file into a different folder with the preview functionality on. I believe some people have been able to solve similar situations, most...
  9. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  10. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...