Windows 10: Cannot mute headset on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot mute headset on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones and when something is playing, I can't use the mute button on Windows to turn off the audio. It just doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ucdrogon, May 18, 2020.

1. Cannot mute headset on Windows 10

I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones and when something is playing, I can't use the mute button on Windows to turn off the audio. It just doesn't work.

When nothing is playing.. it works. When wired headphones are playing... it works.

Tried to restart the PC but nothing.

Anyone else had this problem?

submitted by /u/ucdrogon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ucdrogon, May 18, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Cannot mute headset on Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, May 18, 2020
  3. Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 18, 2020
  4. Will0330 Win User

Cannot mute headset on Windows 10

Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I think I may have solved this. It appears that windows has issues with knowing what to mute.

I am using a jabra bluetooth headset on windows 10 version 1703 ... I had two issues:

• When in a skype call, if a skype, windows, outlook or other notification happened it would play over top of my skype call, and also mute my mic, so no one could hear me
    • The fact that the above issue occurred meant that none of my sounds were being muted either
    How did I fix it?

• Go to device manager and find your headset/audio device
    • Disable all audio devices associated with your headset except for one (I had 3 "jabra motion headset devices" showing... and this is after several removal and fresh installs of the headset)
    • Go to sounds (right click on sound icon in taskbar, click "sounds")
    • Ensure only one headset device is listed in your playback and recording tabs (if there are more, disable them)
    • Set your headset as the default playback and recording device
    • You may need to restart after this is all complete (my skype would no longer recognize that I had a mic on my headset)
    • test on skype!
    Once windows only had a single headset device, and it was default, it no longer cuts out during calls, no longer mutes me to play a sound, and no sounds are played during my skype calls. AMAZING!

Will0330, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot mute headset on Windows 10

1. Cannot mute headset on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot mute headset

2. Mute the mic will mute audio also in Teams while using Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute the mic will mute audio also in Teams while using Bluetooth headset: Hi Team,This is a very peculiar problem I am facing from few days in Microsoft Teams.Whenever I connect to a teams meeting or call through bluetooth device from my laptop, this problem occurs. it works fine in mobile app.During call if I mute my mic it will automatically mute...
  3. Mute the mic will mute audio also in Teams while using Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute the mic will mute audio also in Teams while using Bluetooth headset: Hi Team,This is a very peculiar problem I am facing from few days in Microsoft Teams.Whenever I connect to a teams meeting or call through bluetooth device from my laptop, this problem occurs. it works fine in mobile app.During call if I mute my mic it will automatically mute...
  4. windows 10 device not detecting flip mic to mute from headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 device not detecting flip mic to mute from headset: I currently use the turtle beach recon 200 gen 2 headset which iv had for about 3 months now.It has a feature where it should mute upon flipping the mic upwards.It used to work fine on my windows 10 laptop up until I factory reset it.Now that I have factory reset it, it no...
  5. windows 10 device not detecting flip mic to mute from headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 device not detecting flip mic to mute from headset: I currently use the turtle beach recon 200 gen 2 headset which iv had for about 3 months now.It has a feature where it should mute upon flipping the mic upwards.It used to work fine on my windows 10 laptop up until I factory reset it.Now that I have factory reset it, it no...
  6. windows 10 device not detecting flip mic to mute from headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  8. My speaker/headset is muted???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My speaker/headset is muted???: How do I unmute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakerheadset-is-muted/dd865180-5317-4941-aed8-77a6436055b4
  9. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...
  10. Headset not working after mute/unmute

Headset not working after mute/unmute: If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset. No issue with the speaker if you unplugged the headset. You may have to adjust the volume to zero and up the volume again for it to work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blutooth headsets do not mute when connected to windows