Windows 10: Cannot network three computers in my home

Discus and support Cannot network three computers in my home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stonecherub, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Cannot network three computers in my home

All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date,
    Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router.
    Elaines iss pro connects wifi
    Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home.

Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings.

Deskstone does not see Elaines but shows both itself and Elaines as Media devices in file explorer

Elaines sees Deskstone and can only connect to Default user.

Rollingstone sees Deskstone but troubleshooter reports same proxy settings problem. Elaines is shown as a media device.

:)

stonecherub, Oct 1, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Cannot network three computers in my home

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot network three computers in my home

1. Cannot network three computers in my home - Similar Threads - Cannot network three

2. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  3. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  4. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  5. cannot access new computer on home network

cannot access new computer on home network: I have a home LAN with three Windows 10 PCs that are sharing files & folders among themselves with no problem - I just click their PC name under Network in File Explorer. Problem is, I just set up a new Win 10 PC but when I click on that new PC's name under Network in File...
  6. Cannot See Computer on Home Network

Cannot See Computer on Home Network: I have 2 desk top computers on a Home Network: Al and Mary Lou. Mary Lou can see Al (see attachment 1), but Al cannot see Mary Lou (see attachment 2) - it can see Mary Lou's media device, but not the computer. Mary Lou's folders are set to Share with "All." (see attachment...
  7. Networking Three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Three computers: Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it....
  8. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  9. File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network: All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on and file and print sharing on. Sometimes one will show up, but most of the time none do. The computers are all on and awake...
  10. Cannot network three computers in my home

Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...