Windows 10: Cannot network three computers in my home

Discus and support Cannot network three computers in my home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stonecherub, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Cannot network three computers in my home

All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date,
    Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router.
    Elaines iss pro connects wifi
    Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home.

Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings.

Deskstone does not see Elaines but shows both itself and Elaines as Media devices in file explorer

Elaines sees Deskstone and can only connect to Default user.

Rollingstone sees Deskstone but troubleshooter reports same proxy settings problem. Elaines is shown as a media device.

:)

stonecherub, Oct 1, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Cannot network three computers in my home

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot network three computers in my home

1. Cannot network three computers in my home - Similar Threads - Cannot network three

2. Cannot Connect To A Network Storage Drive On My Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect To A Network Storage Drive On My Home Network: The problem is the PC has an iTunes library on it and we had to store it on the C:\ Drive in a public folder. The C:\ drive (256 GB) does not have much space left due to the size of the iTunes library. The storage drive is a 2 TB. I can access other storage drives on my...
  3. Cannot network three computers in my home

Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  4. Computer I don't recognize on my home network

Computer I don't recognize on my home network: When I look at my network (Windows 10) private, home network, I see a computer listed under "Computers" that I don't recognize. How do I find out what computer that is and how do I block it or remove it?...
  5. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  6. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  7. I cannot see computer in my network

I cannot see computer in my network: before last update it was possible to share data between different computer in my network, now I cannot connect to one of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-see-computer-in-my-network/1884a860-0408-4f23-b8be-084db83a2d78
  8. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...
  9. Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network: Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home, I have recently upgraded both to Windows 10. Both were previously running Windows 7 Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time. With the...
  10. Can't get one of three pc's to join home network!

Can't get one of three pc's to join home network!: ​​​​​I have three computes with exactly the operating system (Windows 10 Professional x 64 bit)...I set up a home network to share all three computers... (Time Warner Modem/Router/Wired/Wi-Fi).... The pc's are all wired... I used this video tutorial... How to Share Files and...