Windows 10: Cannot open 7-zip file

Discus and support Cannot open 7-zip file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TtotheL-P, Jan 17, 2019.

1. TtotheL-P Win User

Cannot open 7-zip file

I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg pdf ) it downloads as a 7-zip and when i try to open it, i get the error : can not open file (then it lists my directory/path whatever its called).zip as archive

i am not computer savy (obviously) and just want to know how to fix this please help!!! Ive read about re downloading the 7-zip program but when i went on their site there are a bunch of different options and i dont know what to select!! I know i have windows 10 and my laptop is an HP

i would appreciate any help of guidance!!

thank you!!

:)

TtotheL-P, Jan 17, 2019

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Can't open Zip Files

The icon for the .zip file suggests it doesn't have a program associated with it. Windows does have built-in support for .zip files but something must have happened to that feature. I usually recommend the free 7-Zip for working with compressed files, helps in diagnosing where a problem may lie. I found the file on the 'net, downloaded it and opened fine.
    http://www.7-zip.org/

Berton, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Cannot open 7-zip file

7-Zip CRC Error

He is using 7-Zip, not Zip. *Wtf :wtf:
    Agreed. Try checking out your SMART logs to see if your drive really is failing. CrystalDiskInfo does a pretty good job reading SMART through USB and RAID on Windows.

Aquinus, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open 7-zip file

1. Cannot open 7-zip file - Similar Threads - Cannot open zip

2. opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  3. Cannot zip a file

Cannot zip a file: For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project. I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry that option out, as if I never clicked the option. What the fluff is going on???...
  4. 7-zip

7-zip: why am i unable to open 7-zip file extractor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/d13ab497-624f-4003-a9d2-971d643495d9"
  5. 7-zip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7-zip: Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/7-zip/c3dfa225-3b56-49b8-a838-fc0627e997dc
  6. Cannot open zip files

Cannot open zip files: So I've read some other posts, and tried some of the solutions and it still hasn't brought me closer to opening a zip file. I have Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else would be pertinent to include, but let me know if there is something. I have made sure my Windows is...
  7. cannot open a zip file after MS Download

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open a zip file after MS Download: I don't know why but maybe after a update of MS I cannot open any .zip file I need. It simply copies itself. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-a-zip-file-after-ms-download/e9b521dc-1e9f-4ba7-819d-ed2a2a026442
  8. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  9. Cannot download zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download zip files: Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page. 50775
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come I cannot open winzip files in 7zip