Windows 10: Cannot open 7-zip file

Discus and support Cannot open 7-zip file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TtotheL-P, Jan 17, 2019.

1. TtotheL-P Win User

Cannot open 7-zip file

I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg pdf ) it downloads as a 7-zip and when i try to open it, i get the error : can not open file (then it lists my directory/path whatever its called).zip as archive

i am not computer savy (obviously) and just want to know how to fix this please help!!! Ive read about re downloading the 7-zip program but when i went on their site there are a bunch of different options and i dont know what to select!! I know i have windows 10 and my laptop is an HP

i would appreciate any help of guidance!!

thank you!!

:)

TtotheL-P, Jan 17, 2019

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Can't open Zip Files

The icon for the .zip file suggests it doesn't have a program associated with it. Windows does have built-in support for .zip files but something must have happened to that feature. I usually recommend the free 7-Zip for working with compressed files, helps in diagnosing where a problem may lie. I found the file on the 'net, downloaded it and opened fine.
    http://www.7-zip.org/

Berton, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Cannot open 7-zip file

7-Zip CRC Error

He is using 7-Zip, not Zip. *Wtf :wtf:
    Agreed. Try checking out your SMART logs to see if your drive really is failing. CrystalDiskInfo does a pretty good job reading SMART through USB and RAID on Windows.

Aquinus, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open 7-zip file

1. Cannot open 7-zip file - Similar Threads - Cannot open zip

2. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  3. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  4. Fix 7-Zip Cannot open file as archive error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 7-Zip Cannot open file as archive error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]A compressed version of files, popularly known as zipped files are convenient but also prone to errors. So, when you attempt to open such files using freeware utilities like 7-Zip, you may encounter an error, saying Cannot open file as archive. Let us see what you can...
  5. Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer

Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer: I've downloaded a file folder and I've tried opening the files. When I open it, it keeps asking if I want an app 7z1900.exe from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. When I click Yes, it installs 7-Zip in another file, and the file I wanted to open does not...
  6. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  7. 7 Zip files

7 Zip files: When ever I try to download a 7-Zip file it goes to downloads, good so far. But when I gets there is always ends up being a 7-Zip setup, show in the picture below, this has been going on for the past month and I can't find a fix for it. I deleted and reinstalled countless...
  8. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  9. Cannot zip a file

Cannot zip a file: For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project. I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry that option out, as if I never clicked the option. What the fluff is going on???...
  10. Cannot open zip files

Cannot open zip files: So I've read some other posts, and tried some of the solutions and it still hasn't brought me closer to opening a zip file. I have Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else would be pertinent to include, but let me know if there is something. I have made sure my Windows is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come I cannot open winzip files in 7zip