Windows 10: Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine

Discus and support Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine. I have a Windows 10 Host machine PC-A running HyperV and a VM running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajivIyer, Aug 23, 2020.

1. RajivIyer Win User

Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine

Hi,

I am unable open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine.

I have a Windows 10 Host machine PC-A running HyperV and a VM running Windows 10 on top of it PC-B.

PC-A configuration: Windows Firewall enabled by default. Enabled File and Print Sharing via "allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall"

PC-B VM configuration: Windows Firewall enabled by default. Enabled File and Print Sharing via "allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall"

I am able to PING both ways. From PC-A to PC-B VM, I am able to open the default share C$/D$ using windows authentication.

From PC-B VM to PC-A I am able to ping but I am not able to open the default share C$/D$ using windows authentication. I get Access Denied error message.

I even tried to turn off the firewall on PC-A, but it does not work.

Please help!

:)

RajivIyer, Aug 23, 2020
  2. mjena Win User

Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC

Hi Ryan, thank you for the reply.

I went through the steps in that article, it seems to be trying to create a connection from guest machine to the host machine, I am trying to Connect to applications on two HyperV VMs FROM the host machine.

generally when i open RDP and put the hostmachine name in there, it obviously doesnt allow it. so I wonder how this could be set up or if it's possible to set up

mjena, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Aug 23, 2020
  4. SwatiAg Win User

Unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine.

unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine. When below command is given from host machine-

" Invoke-Command -Session $s -ScriptBlock {C:\Windows\notepad.exe}, New line appers but notepad does not open in VM"

i have tried opening through bat file as well, contents of the the bat file are read bu note pad never get open. and powershell hangs.

SwatiAg, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine - Similar Threads - Cannot open default

2. HyperV host randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperV host randomly rebooting: Our main Hypervisor servers are rebooting randomly.It is NOT a power loss, or hardware issue.Has anybody run into this ?event 14100 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperv-host-randomly-rebooting/beabcc7c-1db7-48e9-9387-78b3920834ef
  3. HyperV host randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperV host randomly rebooting: Our main Hypervisor servers are rebooting randomly.It is NOT a power loss, or hardware issue.Has anybody run into this ?event 14100 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperv-host-randomly-rebooting/beabcc7c-1db7-48e9-9387-78b3920834ef
  4. Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server: Hi All,I am having issues a few times that one of the failover Cluster HyperV host server01 got one physical network port disconnected don't know how as the switch was showing connecting and up and all VMs on that Host server got down. we have four network ports teaming...
  5. Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server: Hi All,I am having issues a few times that one of the failover Cluster HyperV host server01 got one physical network port disconnected don't know how as the switch was showing connecting and up and all VMs on that Host server got down. we have four network ports teaming...
  6. how do i copy a file from host to hyperv vm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    how do i copy a file from host to hyperv vm: Where am I going wrong. I am on windows10 pro; have enabled guest services and tried this command top copy to the hyperv vm: Copy-VMFile "raspi" -SourcePath "D:\temp.txt" -DestinationPath "/home/pi" -CreateFullPath -FileSource host Copy-VMFile : Failed to initiate copying...
  7. Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine.: Hi, I am unable open a default share C$ from a HyperV VM to host machine. I have a Windows 10 Host machine PC-A running HyperV and a VM running Windows Server 2019 on top of it PC-B. PC-A configuration: Windows Firewall enabled by default. Enabled File and Print Sharing...
  8. KVM Virtual Machines -- Host access from the VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    KVM Virtual Machines -- Host access from the VM: Hi there Don't do this on a LIVE distro though as these aren't persistent so you won't be able to save changes !!!! A good way of playing with this stuff without touching any Internal HDD's is to install the Linux system on an external HDD (SSD is better) connected via...
  9. Unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine.: unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine. When below command is given from host machine- " Invoke-Command -Session $s -ScriptBlock {C:\Windows\notepad.exe}, New line appers but notepad does not open in VM" i have tried opening through bat file as...
  10. Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 VM image to physical host machine: I have a copy of windows 10 pro on my host machine. I'm planning on getting a larger hard drive for my PC and I'm taking this opportunity to do a fresh install of windows 10. My plan is to run a copy of windows 10 pro in a VM and set it up the way I want with the programs...