Windows 10: Cannot open a new Folder in windows explorer - W 10

Discus and support Cannot open a new Folder in windows explorer - W 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot create a "New Folder" in Windows Desktop. This is the error report. I am finding it has spread to failure to open new folders in explorer as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonSRQ, May 6, 2019.

1. DonSRQ Win User

Cannot open a new Folder in windows explorer - W 10

I cannot create a "New Folder" in Windows Desktop. This is the error report. I am finding it has spread to failure to open new folders in explorer as well. The screen freezes. All W 10 updates are loaded in.

Description
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.348 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 1eb4
    Start Time: 01d5040ec297f94b
    Termination Time: 106
    Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Report Id: 5f247221-2ecd-4b62-a22d-392e88d1dca6
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Unknown

:)

DonSRQ, May 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, May 6, 2019
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot open a new Folder in windows explorer - W 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Folder

2. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  3. File explorer opens folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  4. File explorer opens folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  5. File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows: I'm currently on windows 11 latest public build, and every time I try and open folders in explorer, it opens in a new window. This is super frustrating and to get to the folder i need, I end up with 10 or more explorer windows open.I've tried the basics such as going into...
  6. File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows: I'm currently on windows 11 latest public build, and every time I try and open folders in explorer, it opens in a new window. This is super frustrating and to get to the folder i need, I end up with 10 or more explorer windows open.I've tried the basics such as going into...
  7. cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application: Onedrive is working fine and it syncs appropriately. However, it does not open the PC folder. When I click on the app button to open the PC onedrive folder windows 10 explorer it gives me an error message in Italian : "Si è verification un problema durante la visualizzazione...
  8. Stop folders opening in new window in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop folders opening in new window in file explorer.: Today file explorer decide to open folders in new windows, how can I stop it. I've already tried using the option in the folder options "open in same window" which was already checked. Any ideas? submitted by /u/djdoubt03 [link] [comments]...
  9. Open Folder in New Tab in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Folder in New Tab in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Open Folder in New Tab in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Open Folder in New Tab in Windows 10 File Explorer Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages,...
  10. W-Explorer doesn't open removable drive in new window.

in Windows 10 Support
    W-Explorer doesn't open removable drive in new window.: When I insert a thumb drive in my notebook, W-E displays it in the current window, displacing the folder I was viewing (from which I want to transfer files to/from the thumb drive; I have to manually open the drive in a new window--a real pain). On my desktop a removable...