Windows 10: Cannot open almost any app

Discus and support Cannot open almost any app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SDanielFrancis, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Cannot open almost any app

Hello,

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it and then I found out I can't even open cmd.exe.

The error when I try to run cmd is:

There’s a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

Thanks.

:)

SDanielFrancis, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open almost any app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 13, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open almost any app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open almost any app

1. Cannot open almost any app - Similar Threads - Cannot open almost

2. Not working almost any app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not working almost any app: So my apps not working with unnamed error. For example, discord just not starting, then I tried no reinstall it, and it trew an error. I checked install log and saw that it tries to install it to "C:\Users\Lenovo", but I recently changed my username in Windows to "hellbowe",...
  3. Not working almost any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not working almost any app: So my apps not working with unnamed error. For example, discord just not starting, then I tried no reinstall it, and it trew an error. I checked install log and saw that it tries to install it to "C:\Users\Lenovo", but I recently changed my username in Windows to "hellbowe",...
  4. Not working almost any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  6. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  7. Cannot open Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Apps: I've just had Windows 10 installed. When I try to operate or open an app they go to taskbar & will not open. I cannot maximize. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-apps/c58e651c-1b9e-4a9e-bbea-fbbd73c4cf5d
  8. Cannot open any downloaded apps

Cannot open any downloaded apps: I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was...
  9. Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps: Windows 10 cannot open any downloaded executables or even apps like the windows 10 updater on the desktop. Also cannot uninstall any programs. If I (win key, X) it takes me to powershell. No able to open anythin in (win key, R) either. How to fix this?????...
  10. Cannot open any app from Search

Cannot open any app from Search: I can open any files with no issue. SFC, DISM, and the repair useing app manifest doesn't help. I did get a little too happy with delete folders from system apps. Wondering which I would need to restore. 86266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there’s a problem with this app. contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.