Windows 10: Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

Discus and support Cannot open an External HDD , Please help . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kakurott39, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in spanish . Please help

:)

Kakurott39, Aug 15, 2021

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Accidentally Converted External Hard Drive to "ESD-USB"

I can help you:

1. Press Windows Key+R

2. Type 'cmd'

3. type 'diskpart'

4. type 'list disk'

5. find your external HDD in the list

6. type 'select disk (what ever the disk number is for the external HDD)

7. type clean

8. open Disk Management

9. right click the external HDD

10. click 'New Partition'

11. Complete the steps

BenjyP9250, Aug 15, 2021
  4. dermy Win User

Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

1. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help . - Similar Threads - Cannot open External

2. Please help! HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! HDD: Hi! Please help! I started having an error with my hard drive D. Windows keeps notifying me about the error, and keeps trying to fix it but it keeps staying, even after completely reinstalling Windows. and formatting the hard drive. I can't start any game. All because of this...
  3. Please help! HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! HDD: Hi! Please help! I started having an error with my hard drive D. Windows keeps notifying me about the error, and keeps trying to fix it but it keeps staying, even after completely reinstalling Windows. and formatting the hard drive. I can't start any game. All because of this...
  4. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  5. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  6. Cannot safely remove external HDD

Cannot safely remove external HDD: I am trying to remove my WD Passport, I am using Windows 10, but also fairly new to it. I am trying to eject it by using the option on the task bar, but get the error message: 'This device is currently in use. Close any programs or Windows that might be using the device and...
  7. [Help] Windows on external HDD

[Help] Windows on external HDD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snorpii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftk7ko/help_windows_on_external_hdd/
  8. windows cannot see external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows cannot see external HDD: I can not see an external hard drive in file explorer. I can see it in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-cannot-see-external-hdd/7581ca1a-b81c-48f6-95d7-deabf29acb85
  9. My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help

My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help: hi after the last update my external HDD disappear when I open manage to see it .. it pops this message " you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it " and the HDD is unallocated [img] I had a lot of work saved on that hard drive .. I...
  10. Please recommend an external HDD

Please recommend an external HDD: Hello. I am interested in an external hard drive primarily for storing disk images and thats about it pretty much. I hardly use the space on my main OS drive. Im looking for something reliable. Any idea? Thanks! if it helps, my PC is windows 10 64bit with 3 or 4 USB 3.0...