Windows 10: Cannot open any app from Search

Discus and support Cannot open any app from Search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can open any files with no issue. SFC, DISM, and the repair useing app manifest doesn't help. I did get a little too happy with delete folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarkRookie, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Cannot open any app from Search

I can open any files with no issue.

SFC, DISM, and the repair useing app manifest doesn't help.

I did get a little too happy with delete folders from system apps. Wondering which I would need to restore.

:)

DarkRookie, Jun 6, 2017

2. Cannot open any application from Start search results

Anything that is a desktop app refuses to launch if I search for it in Start. It doesn't matter if I search for the Control Panel, Windows Store or one of my games. Left click/enter don't work. I can still right-click, however.

Windows 10 64-bit | i5-6600k | GTX 970

MyWholeTeamsDead, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Cannot open any application from Start search results

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you try
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

1. Press
    Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

2. Change
    View by from Category to
    Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting and then selectView all.

4. Select Windows Store Apps
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: System File Checker (SFC) Scan

1. On the Search bar type “cmd” and click
    ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt.

2. Type “sfc /scannow” and hit
    Enter.

3. Exit Command Prompt.

For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot open any app from Search

Hello, I understand you can't start universal apps (like Groove, Photos..) if use Cortana's search e.g. Photos as here.

Cannot open any app from Search [​IMG]

Can you start all the apps from the Start Menu? E.g. Photos?

Cannot open any app from Search [​IMG]

If not, I suggest you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install (which keeps all programs and most settings).

More when you reply. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

Cannot open any app from Search

1. Cannot open any app from Search - Similar Threads - Cannot open app

2. Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps: Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps.When I type in the name of software that I know I have on my PC or I type in any Windows features, nothing happens...
  3. Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps: Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps.When I type in the name of software that I know I have on my PC or I type in any Windows features, nothing happens...
  4. Windows search cannot find any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search cannot find any apps: Windows search cannot find any apps. It can find only files. I did already indexing, update and restarted search service. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-cannot-find-any-apps/a06c5d8e-47ad-4fe5-97ad-64b30828a3aa
  5. Windows search cannot find any apps

Windows search cannot find any apps: Windows search cannot find any apps. It can find only files. I did already indexing, update and restarted search service. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-cannot-find-any-apps/a06c5d8e-47ad-4fe5-97ad-64b30828a3aa
  6. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  7. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  8. Cannot open almost any app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open almost any app: Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it and then I found out I can't even open cmd.exe. The error when I try to run cmd is: There’s a problem with this app....
  9. Can't open links from any app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open links from any app: Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at first, but I can't anywhere. What might be the problem? It's the first time ever in my life that I experience this problem. It...
  10. Cannot open any downloaded apps

Cannot open any downloaded apps: I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was...