Windows 10: Cannot open any downloaded apps

Discus and support Cannot open any downloaded apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 27Richard, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 27Richard Win User

Cannot open any downloaded apps

I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application".

:)

27Richard, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open any downloaded apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot open any downloaded apps - Similar Threads - Cannot open downloaded

2. Cannot download any apps in the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download any apps in the Microsoft Store: I had this problem before with Windows Media Player. But I cannot download anything anymore. I had bought a game and it would give me the same error "Something went wrong in our end". I don't know what to do anymore. I'm up to date on Windows and logging in and out the MS...
  3. Cannot download any apps in the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download any apps in the Microsoft Store: I had this problem before with Windows Media Player. But I cannot download anything anymore. I had bought a game and it would give me the same error "Something went wrong in our end". I don't know what to do anymore. I'm up to date on Windows and logging in and out the MS...
  4. Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.: If I go to Firefox, chrome, edge and select where I want the download, it either crashes the app or takes 30ish seconds to start responding. This isn't just on browsers. Any app that opens an explorer dialog to select something will crash. I have a brand new HP x360...
  5. Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.

Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.: If I go to Firefox, chrome, edge and select where I want the download, it either crashes the app or takes 30ish seconds to start responding. This isn't just on browsers. Any app that opens an explorer dialog to select something will crash. I have a brand new HP x360...
  6. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  7. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  8. i cannot download any apps

i cannot download any apps: when i open Microsoft store on my PC and try to download or install any app immediately it will stop working and come to home Please try to help me on this condition as soon as it is possible...
  9. Cannot open almost any app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open almost any app: Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it and then I found out I can't even open cmd.exe. The error when I try to run cmd is: There’s a problem with this app....
  10. Microsoft store cannot download any app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store cannot download any app: I can not use this app normally ,it can not download any app in it. wrong code is: 0x00000194 CV: DPvBeFqIWUOtrJLV * Moved from education * Original title: Microsoft store...