Windows 10: Cannot open any files in file explorer

Discus and support Cannot open any files in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by simonr1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. simonr1 Win User

Cannot open any files in file explorer

Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error:

Cannot open any files in file explorer b8159628-20f1-44bc-90b6-6f351f28941d?upload=true.png

how can I fix this?

:)

simonr1, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 17, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Cannot open any files in file explorer :)

jaydeee, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Cannot open any files in file explorer

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open any files in file explorer

1. Cannot open any files in file explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  3. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  4. Cannot open "File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open "File Explorer": Note: I confused what type of topics should I use, so I just use topic that relate to "File Explorer":PI already fix this issue okay i am not fix it, but avoid itSo my computer is fine. Be able to use internet, all app is fine. There is no problem.Well.. except that I am not...
  5. File explorer won't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't open any files: Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments]...
  6. File Explorer crashes after opening any file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer crashes after opening any file.: Basically the title. If I open my file explorer, then a document then click back to file explorer, it locks up, my cursor spins. The explorer closes out then opens again in about 5 seconds. It's a huge pain when I need to open say five documents in quick succession. I've...
  7. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  8. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  9. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open files in file explorer

2. unable to open files from file explorer

3. why cant I open any files in file explorer

4. file explorer unable to open files,
  5. windows 10 file explorer cannot open network file